Parish Record Lookup Lancashire

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Parish Record Lookup Lancashire

Hi, I have the following people who are my gggrandparents. I would love to have a copy of original record, also I am hopeing that the parents will be named, or at least the fathers named. the problem is I live to far away to get a hold of the original parish record. If anyone is visiting an Arcive dept that hold the records for St Marys in Lancaster, 1834, could you possibly take a look at the record, even if its only to say what the parents names are would be a big help. Here are the people I am looking for.

HENRY DIXON Spouse: JANE HACKING
    Marriage: 05 OCT 1834 St Marys, Lancaster, Lancashire, England

If you can help at all please get in touch, I am more than willing to pay any costs involved.

Thanks

Kathy
    Last edited by kathyhall; 14-12-08, 12:29. Reason: SORTED THANKS TO ALL

Kathy, I've moved this thread onto Research Advice as that is the right board for this kind of query.

It is unlikely that any of the parents will be named on an 1834 marriage, sorry. There was a standard form used for marriages and it didn't ask for parents' names. It should tell you: date, names of both parties, previous marital status, parish(es) where they lived, and names of witnesses, plus it will have their signatures or marks, and the name of the vicar who married them. If either of them was under the age of 21 (and admitted it!) then it should say who gave their consent, but even then it would likely just say "with consent of parents" and not give you the parents' names.
    KiteRunner

Every five years or so I look back on my life and I have a good... laugh"
    (Indigo Girls, "Watershed")

Comment

Hi Kathy,

There are some baptisms, marriages and burials for the Parish of St Mary in Lancaster here: Lancashire OnLine Parish Clerk Project -

The marriages for the year you're looking for are not online yet though and, as Kite says, would be unlikely to tell you the parents' names.
      Sarah

Comment

Thanks for the information, I have been on the Lancashire site, it is a realy good sit, I emailed them looking for a marriage that was not yet on the site, they sent me scan of the parish record and even the birth of the person who had married, I was so pleased with them, what a great help they were.

Best wishes
        Kathy

Comment

Thanks for the information, I emailed the Lanks site and they have sent a scan of the marriage, what lovely people, I was so pleased. So I think this query is now sorted. thanks to all
          Kathy

Comment

Yes - I had a similarly successful - and helpful - contact with the Lancs OPC site.

Christine
            Researching: BENNETT (Leics/Birmingham-ish) - incl. Leonard BENNETT in Detroit & Florida ; WARR/WOR, STRATFORD & GARDNER/GARNAR (Oxon); CHRISTMAS, RUSSELL, PAFOOT/PAFFORD (Hants); BIGWOOD, HAYLER/HAILOR (Sussex); LANCASTER (Beds, Berks, Wilts) - plus - COCKS (Spitalfields, Liverpool, Plymouth); RUSE/ROWSE, TREMEER, WADLIN(G)/WADLETON (Devonport, E Cornwall); GOULD (S Devon); CHAPMAN, HALL/HOLE, HORN (N Devon); BARRON, SCANTLEBURY (Mevagissey)...

Comment

Working...
            X