Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Getting very frustrated - can anyone help?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

No problem, Elaine! I'm taking a break soon, the words are starting to dance on the screen

Comment

btw, the example you are quoting for women being recorded under two diffent names could equally likely be because the transcriber could not read the name. Freebmd, working from the indexes only has one surname for Mary Ellen.
      Phoenix - with charred feathers
      Researching Skillings from Norfolk, Sworn from Salisbury and Adams in Malborough, Devon.

Comment

Merry, I was actually going to order the birth certificate for John Cross and the marriage certificate for Emma Bailey and William Cross at the same time. However, your post has just made me realize that it would actually make sense to wait for the birth certificate before ordering the marriage certificate. So that's what I'll do! Thanks!

Zoe

Comment

Yes, transcription errors are very irritating. Hopefully everything will come clear(er) when the certificates start to arrive.

Comment

Is there a father's name for Emma on the marriage cert that you do have?

Comment

Hi Margaret,

I don't have any marriage certificate at all at this stage - I've just found the marriage registration in the FreeBMD.

I have three certificates on order at the moment and as soon as they arrive I'll order some more. I need hundreds of certificates but my bank account's telling me to be patient :(

Zoe

Comment

Oh I know the feeling!

Comment

Working...
                X