My Tatams again

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My Tatams again

In 1841 my Tatam's from Stamford Lincs are in Hampton in Arden, Warwickshire, visitors in the home of William Tatom age 30, (HO107/1129/7) I am imagining that this was a reasonably short break as every other sighting of the family has been in Barrowden or Stamford.

William Tatom/Tatam was age 30 in 1841. I suspect that he was the cousin of my Stamford lot (all called Henry, if anyone remembers my earlier threads)

Henry Tatam the 2nd b 1773, had a brother called William John born 1776. William John joined the navy and married a Canadian called Catherine Keating. At some stage the family settled in Warwickshire. It appears that there were 3 children, Mary Ann b 1808 and married John Chamberlain White, Catherine b 1812 and married Frederick A Tayles and William Henry Herard, who when he was named in his Aunt's will in 1856, appears to have no children so maybe did not marry.

The birth dates for the 2 girls were provided by a contact, who until the will was found a few days ago had no record of William Henry. I assume that this is the William Tatom my Henry Tatam the 3rd was staying with in 1841, and therefore was his cousin.

I have not managed to find any baptism record for this William, so I have no idea of his actual age, and I think the children were all born in the UK. I have looked for him in 1851 in the past and been unsuccessful. By the look of the will, he was probably still alive in 1856 when it was proved.

Can anyone see him in 1851 please?

Sorry about the long story and the final simple request! lol

Update: Oooo, just found the birth of William Henry Gerrard Tatam b 17 Sept 1809 in Spalding Lincs, parents William and Catherine, so that looks like him. So now have a birth year and place. However, I no longer have a subscription to Ancestry............:(
    Last edited by KiwiChris; 19-10-08, 07:14.
    Christine
    Normal day, let me be aware of the treasure you are. Let me learn from you, love you, bless you before you depart. Let me not pass you by in quest of some rare and perfect tomorrow. Let me hold you while I may, for it may not always be so.
    Mary Jean Iron

I can see a William Tatam on the 1851 census - born c 1807 Fleet Lincolnshire.
    Have checked Multimap and Fleet is about 10 miles from Spalding.

HO107; Piece: 2097; Folio: 444; Page: 2
    Living alone - head - unmarried - Ag.lab.
    Address: Haycroft Lane, Fleet.

I´ll see if I can find him on the 1861.
    Elaine

Comment

Looks like he's still around in 1861 with a 15 year old William.

I'll check the image.

Comment

RG9; Piece: 2329; Folio: 8; Page: 8
        William Tatum - b1807 Fleet - head - unmarried - occ. ??cottage occupier of 2 acres

and

RG9; Piece: 919; Folio: 37; Page: 7
        William Tatam - b1810 Spalding, Lincs. - occ. Medicinal herbalist - widower.
        also in household - William Tatum - son- b1846 Aylesbury, Buckinghamshire - occ. assisting his father
        Address: Middleton Cheney, Northamptonshire.

I´ll see if I can find this second family in 1851
        Elaine

Comment

William Tatm age 51 born Spalding is a medical herbalist and widowed.
          Son William age 15 born Bucks (looks like) Aylesbury.

Living Middleton Cheney.

Comment

Snap Elaine.

Comment

Can you see that family in 1851, Libby?
              Elaine

Comment

No can't find any William Anything born either Spalding or Aylesbury.

Comment

I can find a possible for William junior

HO107; Piece: 1721; Folio: 248; Page: 24
                  William Tatain b1846 Aylesbury (image looks like Tatam)
                  Charlotte Tatain b1845 Aylesbury
                  - both lodgers with an Eagleton family.

Does the name Eagleton fit in your tree anywhere Chris?
                  Elaine

Comment

Found the little fellow and a sister. Back in a mo.

Comment

OK......so you're quicker than me.

Comment

Originally posted by Elaine ..Spain View Post
                        I can find a possible for William junior

HO107; Piece: 1721; Folio: 248; Page: 24
                        William Tatain b1846 Aylesbury (image looks like Tatam)
                        Charlotte Tatain b1845 Aylesbury
                        - both lodgers with an Eagleton family.

Does the name Eagleton fit in your tree anywhere Chris?
                        Sorry I went to bed early as I have an early start this morning. I woke to emails from my family contact with more wills of maiden aunts she had found overnight! That tied Wm snr to the herbalist one, so those look like the kids.

Don't know any Eagletons, maybe their mother's family, who ever she was!

I will need to put my enthusiasm on hold until this evening as I need to go to work in a minute. :(
                        Christine
                        Normal day, let me be aware of the treasure you are. Let me learn from you, love you, bless you before you depart. Let me not pass you by in quest of some rare and perfect tomorrow. Let me hold you while I may, for it may not always be so.
                        Mary Jean Iron

Comment

There'a a marriage for William Hardy Tatam in Spalding Dec q 1839.

Possible spouse......Elizabeth Berry, Sarah Butterworth and Charlotte Carter. Maybe Charlotte as the little one is Charlotte.

However, if marriage is 1839 and the children are 1845 and 1846, there could well be older ones.

Comment

I can't seem to find any of the above in 1841. Does anyone know of any other places to try other than Spalding......don't know the area.

Comment

William Hardy Tatam is a different branch, possibly related but I have not found the definite link as yet. Tatams seem to be in Stamford (mine) and also in Moulton and Spalding which are not mine but possibly linked a generation back from what I have managed to prove yet. So what my William was doing in Spalding, I don't know!

I have found another child born Aylesbury, Charles in 1847 and there is a death of Gertrudge Tatam in Aylesbury 1848, so maybe the mother. I can't find a marriage though and have searched 1839-1844 on just christian names of William and Gertrude, but none of them were in Aylesbury and none of the Williams looked like a possible mistranscription of Tatam.
                              Christine
                              Mary Jean Iron

Comment

Working...
                              X