No announcement yet.

Have just cancelled my Ancestry subscription from 21st October

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I have just stopped my subscription on 14th October .I told them it was not worth the money most times , when I but a name in to search there was no one by that name, yet I knew there was . The crunch came with I put OH's details in to test, and you can guess he was not born at all according to them Poor Man !!!!!:o
    Sheila
    I think, therefore I am. Descarte

Comment

My subscription runs out next month and I really can't afford to renew, especially with the Canadian dollar being so low (last year it was a lot better). I'll miss it greatly and will be paying a lot more visits to the library to use their version - not the same as having it at your fingertips though.
      Jenny

Comment

I allowed my supbscription to lapse on Monday because the card I payed on was replaced last October.

I have just spoken to my bank and apparently they have taken the money out of my account anyway. So, beware - if you have used a debit card with Ancestry in the past that has run out, they may still be able to get the money via what is know as a 'continuous card authority'.

I am now going to speak to Ancestry and cancel the subscription.
        Tracy

Comment

Originally posted by Sheila from Down Under View Post
          The crunch came with I put OH's details in to test, and you can guess he was not born at all according to them Poor Man !!!!!:o
          Sheila
          That's a bit of a worry! lolol

Did you consider, unless he's over around 80 years, his details won't yet have been transcribed?

Comment

Was he born in England then, Sheila? If he was born in Oz, his birth won't be on Ancestry.

Comment

You did well, Orange Blossom, only paying £55 last year.
              I paid £69 last year and my sub runs out this month on Oct 30th, but, as long as I renew, they have offered me the Premium for £83.40 instead of £107.40 which although is a big rise from last year I think it will be worth having the Premium whereas I don't think £83.40 is good value for the Essentials membership.
              So, I shall have to see what next years dilemma will bring.
              Cheers,
              Neil

Comment

Neil,

I would be willing to pay what you have. How did you manage it - did you pressurise them or did they offer?
                Elizabeth
                Research Interests:
                England:Purkis, Stilwell, Quintrell, White (Surrey - Guildford), Jeffcoat, Bond, Alexander, Lamb, Newton (Lincolnshire, Stalybridge, London)
                Scotland:Richardson (Banffshire), Wishart (Kincardineshire), Johnston (Kincardineshire)

Comment

Hi Elizabeth

I paid the same as Neil. I tried to haggle a discount but they said as they gave me a discount last year they couldn't do it again :( They then offered me the £83 premium version which is normally £107 so I accepted that instead,although I am not happy with the increase & I think this will be the last year for me. Next year I am going to try Findmypast for a change!

Joanie

Comment

I was really hesitating and had let my renewal slide hoping that I wouldn't get cut off straight away, when I remembered that I had never used the 3 month free trail offer with my FTM. I clicked on the link and it worked, so I now have another three months to make up my mind

Comment

I've just accessed the Ancestry site for the first time today and it took me to a new page offering a new database (I think) of incoming passenger lists. I was asked if I wanted to upgrade at a "special price" - 107.40. There's also a 14 day free trial apparently.
                      Jenny

Comment

Working...
                      X