Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Error messages when installing FTM 2009.

Error messages when installing FTM 2009.

Help! I've got messages I don't stand a chance of understanding! Any interpreters out there?

Is Dave Pusey or Wendy or Elaine or Glen, or anyone who can help, around??

It says 'File missing: BuildNumber.txt is required in the SUPPORTDIR'

It also says other long numbers, including 'CoCreateObjectDotNetError Error Number - 2147219705'

Any clues, anyone? I've uninstalled and cleared out temporary files. Now what?

Bee.
    Bee~~~fuddled.

Searching for BANKS, MILLER, MOULTON from Lancs and Cheshire; COX from Staffordshire and Birmingham;
    COX, HALL, LAMBDEN, WYNN, from Hants and Berks; SYMES (my mystery g'father!) from anywhere near Bournemouth.

Hi Bee, Dave is busy at the moment, but I'll get him to have a look at the error messages later.
    Wendy

PLEASE SCAN AT 300-600 DPI FOR RESTORATION PURPOSES. THANK YOU!

Thanks Wendy.

Bee.
    Bee~~~fuddled.

Searching for BANKS, MILLER, MOULTON from Lancs and Cheshire; COX from Staffordshire and Birmingham;
    COX, HALL, LAMBDEN, WYNN, from Hants and Berks; SYMES (my mystery g'father!) from anywhere near Bournemouth.

Blog Entries
    It will probably help if you say what your system is - XP or Vista?
    KiteRunner

Every five years or so I look back on my life and I have a good... laugh"
    (Indigo Girls, "Watershed")

Dave says:

A user on another forum with similar problem solved this by installing Microsoft .NET Framework 2.0

Download and Install it from here... Download details: .NET Framework Version 2.0 Redistributable Package (x86)

If you already have it, don't worry, as it is smart enough to realise and not do anything.

Once you have done this, you will need to restart the installation of FTM 2009 from the beginning.

Hope this helps.
    Wendy

It's XP, Kite.

Wendy, I'll try that. Wish me luck...!

Bee.
    Bee~~~fuddled.

OOO! It's got further than before! Thank's Wendy and Dave!

I've got an icon on my desktop, and a FTM 09 window telling me I can build my tree by importing an existing file.

Is that via a gedcom, or do I just open the FTM 06 and Export to the new one?

Sorry, can someone talk me through it?

I've clicked on the 'import from existing file', and 'browse' but what suffix does it need to be? My most recent files seem to be on the desktop as 'Current working file', Current backup file' and 'Current compressed backup file' - which one??

I'm lost, again!

Bee.
    Last edited by Bee; 25-09-08 at 13:54. Reason: Updated.
    Bee~~~fuddled.

Blog Entries
    Sorry Bee - just seen this - are you still stuck.

First of all I would suggest you make a copy of your current working 2006 file and call it something different - and use the new one to play with on your 2009 program.

When you have made a copy, then open 2009, click on File, and open the newly renamed file. It should hopefully open in 2009 without any problem, unless there has been any drastic change in the main menu features (I don't have my 2009 copy yet).

As for having FTM files scattered over your desktop - they should be all neat and tidy in a separate file in My Documents!

Glad you got it sorted.

You should just be able to import one of the old FTM files into the new program.
    Wendy

Thanks for the responses.

I've imported one file, but it was missing a few people. Couldn't figure out how to unimport(!) and reimport the right one, but it's easier just to add in the last few, as I've still got the info on paper.

It seems fairly nice to use so far. But I'm sure I'll be yelling for help again sometime!

Elaine, I just don't know where they come from! I open and close from the FTM icon every time, but I think I've got an 'extra' working file icon and 2 'extra' backup icons on my desktop. I guess I can dump them in the Bin, can I?

I am remembering to backup to my external hard-drive, so I am getting a bit better!

Bee.
    Bee~~~fuddled.