Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Derbyshire BMD

Help please.
    I cannot find any BMD's for Derbyshire on UKBMD. Am I missing something?
    Lynne

Searching for Ford, Duffy, (Manchester and Ireland) Cree (Manchester, Derbyshire, Nottinghamshire), Owen (Manchester), Humphreys (Manchester and Ireland), Egerton (Manchester and Cheshire), Cresswell (Manchester).

Lynn this was the e-mail I got at tea time ;;

Message from Ian Hartas, UKBMD

Dear all,
    following on from the announcement the other day about
    UKBMD's database problems, I've updated the software to
    change the way in which the various BMD and county pages
    are generated. In theory you should not see any visible
    differences in the page contents, but hopefully they
    should display a bit quicker than before.

Further speed improvements are planned for UKBMD soon.

Please contact me via the "Contact Us" page if you spot
    any problems or have any suggestions for enhancements.

--
    Do not reply to this e-mail -- the reply cannot be read.

For access to all the UK's major BMD and census sites visit UKBMD - Births, Marriages, Deaths Indexes & Census transcriptions for the UK, On-Line

To unsubscribe from this list visit UKBMD, click on the "Register" menu button
    and follow the instructions on the page displayed.
    borobabs passed away March 2018

Comment

UKBMD only covers 8 counties so far, and Derbyshire isn't one of them, so you'll need to look at FreeBMD.

Comment

Thanks Babs and Mary.
        Lynne

Searching for Ford, Duffy, (Manchester and Ireland) Cree (Manchester, Derbyshire, Nottinghamshire), Owen (Manchester), Humphreys (Manchester and Ireland), Egerton (Manchester and Cheshire), Cresswell (Manchester).

Comment

Originally posted by Mary from Italy View Post
          UKBMD only covers 8 counties so far, and Derbyshire isn't one of them, so you'll need to look at FreeBMD.
          There are only 8 counties in the standard format - but, if you look below York, there are another 18 with their own search software, and varying degrees of usefulness.

Unfortunately Derbyshire isn't amongst those, either. :(

Christine
          Researching: BENNETT (Leics/Birmingham-ish) - incl. Leonard BENNETT in Detroit & Florida ; WARR/WOR, STRATFORD & GARDNER/GARNAR (Oxon); CHRISTMAS, RUSSELL, PAFOOT/PAFFORD (Hants); BIGWOOD, HAYLER/HAILOR (Sussex); LANCASTER (Beds, Berks, Wilts) - plus - COCKS (Spitalfields, Liverpool, Plymouth); RUSE/ROWSE, TREMEER, WADLIN(G)/WADLETON (Devonport, E Cornwall); GOULD (S Devon); CHAPMAN, HALL/HOLE, HORN (N Devon); BARRON, SCANTLEBURY (Mevagissey)...

Comment

Working...
          X