Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• FreeBMD Database updates

Just spotted, this morning...

The FreeBMD Database was last updated on Thu 14 Aug 2008 and currently contains
    154,016,737 distinct records
    (198,415,308 total records).
    (FreeREG was last updated on Tue 29 Jul 2008, and FreeCEN on Tuesday, 05-Aug-2008)

FreeBMD
    FreeREG
    FreeCEN
    Last edited by Christine in Herts; 15-08-08, 10:52.
    Researching: BENNETT (Leics/Birmingham-ish) - incl. Leonard BENNETT in Detroit & Florida ; WARR/WOR, STRATFORD & GARDNER/GARNAR (Oxon); CHRISTMAS, RUSSELL, PAFOOT/PAFFORD (Hants); BIGWOOD, HAYLER/HAILOR (Sussex); LANCASTER (Beds, Berks, Wilts) - plus - COCKS (Spitalfields, Liverpool, Plymouth); RUSE/ROWSE, TREMEER, WADLIN(G)/WADLETON (Devonport, E Cornwall); GOULD (S Devon); CHAPMAN, HALL/HOLE, HORN (N Devon); BARRON, SCANTLEBURY (Mevagissey)...

Thanks Christine. Did you notice - the progress charts on FreeBMD now go up to 1949! There's even a few births in 1932/3 already!

Richard

Comment

I hadn't looked at the progress charts, I have to admit. That's really impressive that they're working on such recent records.

Christine
      Researching: BENNETT (Leics/Birmingham-ish) - incl. Leonard BENNETT in Detroit & Florida ; WARR/WOR, STRATFORD & GARDNER/GARNAR (Oxon); CHRISTMAS, RUSSELL, PAFOOT/PAFFORD (Hants); BIGWOOD, HAYLER/HAILOR (Sussex); LANCASTER (Beds, Berks, Wilts) - plus - COCKS (Spitalfields, Liverpool, Plymouth); RUSE/ROWSE, TREMEER, WADLIN(G)/WADLETON (Devonport, E Cornwall); GOULD (S Devon); CHAPMAN, HALL/HOLE, HORN (N Devon); BARRON, SCANTLEBURY (Mevagissey)...

Comment

If you look at the actual coverage charts, they haven't got any further than about 1929, except for the occasional record, and 1909-1929 isn't 100% complete yet.

FreeBMD : Coverage Charts

Comment

Off to play now!
          ~ with love from Little Nell~
          Chowns, Dunt, Emms, Mealing, Purvey & Smoothy

Comment

they're not all in 1929. i look up the marriage of my great grandparents in 1920, and they havn't got it. but my aunt and grandpa's births are registered

Comment

As I said, 1909-1929 isn't complete yet. If you look at the coverage charts I linked to above, you can see how far they've got.

Comment

Christine
                Thanks for this, I have now found births and some marriages for a whole family who were born after 1901.
                Lynne

Searching for Ford, Duffy, (Manchester and Ireland) Cree (Manchester, Derbyshire, Nottinghamshire), Owen (Manchester), Humphreys (Manchester and Ireland), Egerton (Manchester and Cheshire), Cresswell (Manchester).

Comment

The FreeBMD Database was last updated on Sun 14 Sep 2008 and currently contains 155,358,184 distinct records (200,070,401 total records).

Fantastic!
                  KiteRunner

Every five years or so I look back on my life and I have a good... laugh"
                  (Indigo Girls, "Watershed")

Comment

Thankyou Kate, i'm off to have a look !
                    Jacky

Comment

I can't remember the date but I'm sure I found a couple of records well past the 1930's.
                      Kit

Comment

A quick search gave me Smiths upto 1983!
                        Kit

Comment

Those will be ones contributed by someone doing a one-name study, Kit, presumably just within a certain area, but don't worry, they do have to be taken from the GRO indexes.
                          KiteRunner

Comment

Not worried Kate. Just saying there is a lot of date coverage. I can't remember the name I was really searching ages ago when I discovered they had transcribed beyond 1920. I picked Smith as it is a common name.
                            Kit

Comment

They have coverage charts on their site showing what percentage of records have been transcribed for each year.
                              KiteRunner

Comment

That's just cheating Kate. lol
                                Kit

Comment

I thought it must be imminent: I've had some "thanks for your correction" notices recently.

Christine

Comment

FreeBMD Database was last updated on Sat 18 Oct 2008

FreeBMD Home Page

The FreeBMD Database was last updated on Sat 18 Oct 2008 and currently contains
                                    156,886,636 distinct records
                                    (202,109,955 total records).

Comment

Thanks for the 'heads up' Christine

Researching:
                                      FRANKLIN (Harrow/Pinner 1700 to 1850); PURSGLOVE (ALL Southern counties of England); POOLE (Tetbury/Malmesbury and surrounding areas of Gloucestershire and Wiltshire (1650 to 1900); READ London/Suffolk

Comment

The FreeBMD Database was last updated on Fri 7 Nov 2008...

FreeBMD Home Page

and currently contains 157,937,589 distinct records
                                        (203,691,006 total records).

Comment

Working...
                                        X