No announcement yet.

The result of PERSONAL research??!!??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

But Libby I saw him first :D Im going to put him in my tree lol..

]

Comment

Please can we just pick anyone we fancy from history and then call them a 105th cousin 97 times removed?

Wouldn't you like to see HIS paperwork!!!
      Chris

Comment

So Johnny Depp is related to King Herod? Does he know? Here's your chance Harry's Mum.

PS Don't tell him there might be a 'God' connection
        Last edited by taffyfrog; 01-08-08, 19:27.
        CAROLE : "A CHIP OFF THE OLD BLOCK"

Comment

Well the Cope names are rubbish for starters, as the Canon Ashby Copes are the same family as some of the other Northants village ones, I should know, as I have Cope in this area. and I am a lot closer than they are, and even I cannot hook into the Canon Ashby family yet!! This has just been culled from names from the IGI and cobbled together. Bet they have not got my Cope on their tree!! Wonder if they even know the famous Cope. I do, but I'm not telling!!!

Janet
          Last edited by Janet; 01-08-08, 20:06.

Comment

Originally posted by Janet View Post
            Wonder if they even know the famous Cope. I do, but I'm not telling!!!
            Would that be the English general from the song "Hey Johnny Cope"?
            Uncle John - Passed away March 2020

Comment

Uncle John,

No! The name is not Cope, but another name which links into the Canons Ashby Cope family.The parents of this one are not on their tree either, although they have the same name of someone I have never heard of, so wonder if they have mistakenly put those names on instead of the ones they should have put on! All are equally famous, with one being buried in Westminster Abbey! At least my Cope are from the next village to the famous one, but they have not got my Cope in their tree, so I am still in with a chance, if only I can find the link.;) How many of us say that??

One other thing if I can find a link then it looks as though the rest of the tree has been done for me back to Herod??

Janet
              Last edited by Janet; 02-08-08, 08:56.

Comment

Is this tree by the same blokey who wanted to know how to enter BC dates on GR?

(Imagine his joy when he gets a hot match from someone who also has King Herod or Nebuchadnezzar in their tree! They'll be exchanging Xmas cards and photos of their families in no time)

OC

Comment

I have more than enough hot matches from people who also have Michael Faraday in their tree (my connection is extremely circuitous and only in my tree for interest).
                  Uncle John - Passed away March 2020

Comment

"Circuitous and Michael Faraday" I like it!

Looking at the tree again and from what I know about the Cope family this is precisely the sort of tree I would avoid like the plague, as they have not only have so many names, but they have not followed through a line to its conclusion, so you are left with only a fraction of a story. They have a Cope married with a daughter, which links into the Spencer Family, yet the son which links into another famous person is not on there and if I was doing a Cope tree I would have the full links not just a couple of names. Very inconclusive.

Janet
                    Last edited by Janet; 02-08-08, 10:40.

Comment

Hi,
                      I have just googled Joseph Bint of Shefford Woodlands and come up with this thread! Has anyone any knowledge of this man who was the father of my illegitimate Great grandmother? She was born in the Hungerford Union in 1833

Comment

you might be better starting a new thread and putting all the info you have on it
                        wye surrey/london/birmingham
                        lawrence/laurence berkshire/london/norfolk
                        hall harrison cook/e pratt surrey
                        ebbage maltby pratt norfolk
                        herbert pratt yorkshire/hampshire
                        armstrong/rickinson/harrison/beddington yorkshire

Comment

Okay, I did wonder! Just found it amazing,

Comment

It is brilliant. I've had several contacts (all, strangely, from the US) who can trace one name or another back to John of Gaunt, Robert the Bruce, or, a literary one - Jane Austen. All total nonsense, but great fun!

Comment

Fascinating!!! I see he is an "avid reader of Science Fiction".......is there a clue there?

Kathleen

Comment

Working...
                              X