Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Help! How to download my F.Tree word docs to CD rom?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help! How to download my F.Tree word docs to CD rom?

Putting this on General as trying to do this now to put in post to brother.

I've mastered sort of how to burn CD with music on i tunes but when I put my blank CD rom in the slot it brings up options. I think one was Windows Explorer.

I have a main folder with lots of sub folders. Within them, there are pics, certs, and word docs (.jpg etc). Do I just click on the main folder icon and let it copy or do I have to copy each file singly. They are called files aren't they? Oh dear...another rung up the giddying ladder of technology.

Thanks. Liz
    Liz

Originally posted by Liz from Lancs View Post
    Putting this on General as trying to do this now to put in post to brother.

I've mastered sort of how to burn CD with music on i tunes but when I put my blank CD rom in the slot it brings up options. I think one was Windows Explorer.

I have a main folder with lots of sub folders. Within them, there are pics, certs, and word docs (.jpg etc). Do I just click on the main folder icon and let it copy or do I have to copy each file singly. They are called files aren't they? Oh dear...another rung up the giddying ladder of technology.

Thanks. Liz
    You can just copy the whole folder and then it will go on to the CD with the subfolders and their files exactly as they were.

Caroline
    Caroline's Family History Pages
    Meddle not in the affairs of Dragons, for you are crunchy and good with ketchup.

Comment

Caroline...thought I'd be clever and lookat Help. I have opened My Computer and CD Drive D. Do I just go into My Docs and right click on folder I have called F.Tree for CD (in which are loads of folders and files etc). Then click copy and then paste onto blank screen where I have opened it under Drive D...

Does this make sense. Thanks. Liz
      Liz

Comment

Originally posted by Liz from Lancs View Post
        Caroline...thought I'd be clever and lookat Help. I have opened My Computer and CD Drive D. Do I just go into My Docs and right click on folder I have called F.Tree for CD (in which are loads of folders and files etc). Then click copy and then paste onto blank screen where I have opened it under Drive D...

Does this make sense. Thanks. Liz
        It depends which CD software you are using. If it will do Drag and Drop you should be ok.

Whichever way you add your tunes, you would do it the same way but do it with the whole folder.
        Caroline
        Caroline's Family History Pages
        Meddle not in the affairs of Dragons, for you are crunchy and good with ketchup.

Comment

Thanks Caroline. With my music it is all done with i tunes software...going back to see if I can do it. Liz

UPDATE: Showing off that I have added up the MB of each folder to fit on to the CD. Having to leave it now for a while. Thanks. Liz
          Last edited by Liz from Lancs; 09-05-08, 14:12.
          Liz

Comment

Put the blank CD in the drive, close any windows that open up when you do this, right click on the file and select Send To, then from the sub menu left click on your CD RW drive, a window will pop up on your task bar saying that you have files waiting to written, click this and then on the new page that opens click on Burn Files to CD at the top left of the window.
            Best Wishes
            Ron
            www.genealogyprinters.com

Comment

Thanks Ron and Carol. Did something and burned a CD - will wait now to hear if my brother can open and read it.

For next time, I have written down your clear instructions. Many thanks. Liz
              Liz

Comment

Working...
              X