X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Another Scan question ???

I have a Epsom all in one printer and it saves things as ;;
    jpeg / tif / btmp / multi tif / pdf / print image matching ,,jpeg / print image matching ;;

i am scanning a book but the writing is so small in the book, so I want to save it as word document so that I can increase the print size, but it wont let me open in word ;;
    Can anyone tell me how to do it ;;;Thanks
    borobabs passed away March 2018

Hi Babs,

Start Word (new document)
    Click on Insert (from the Menu bar)
    Choose Picture (from the drop-down menu)
    Click on From File ... (from the next menu)
    Navigate to whichever folder has your scanned image (in the dialogue box)
    Click on the file name/icon
    Click on the insert button (or double-click on the file name/icon in previous step)

Make sure that you use a high enough resolution (e.g., 300 or 600 dpi) when scanning, otherwise the text will not be clear.

Note also that you won't be able to edit the text in Word, as it's only a picture of the page. If you want to edit the text, you'll need to have OCR (optical character recognition) software.

HTH -

Tim
    "If we're lucky, one day our names and dates will appear in our descendants' family trees."

Comment

Just had another thought ... if your scanner allows you to save the image as a PDF, do you really need to use Word at all? Adobe Acrobat will let you zoom the image as large as you want to go.

Cheers,

Tim
      "If we're lucky, one day our names and dates will appear in our descendants' family trees."

Comment

Thanks for that Tim but did want to alter the text size but have just printed one sheet out and looks like it might be ok ,,,but I have copied your instructions for my reference ;;

Comment

Glad to have been of help.

You can resize (enlarge) pictures in Word, assuming that there's enough space on the page - you just can't edit the text (e.g., insert or delete words, change formatting, etc...).

Tim

Comment

Right thanks thats bit pain in *** as there was couple things to be altered but will do the list of the alterations ;;;

Comment

Working...
            X