Internet Explorer 7

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Internet Explorer 7

I am still on IE 6. I didn't download 7 a while back as so many people were having problems. Have these problems been ironed out now and is it safe to go ahead and download it.
    Advice welcome please.

I have been having no problems at all with it, running along side xp.

Comment

I've been using it for some time now with no problems. It just takes a little bit of getting used to but its got definite advantages over IE6.

Jackie
      Jackie

Comment

I have no problems with it either (delayed downloading it until a couple of months ago) and I run it alongside XP too.

Comment

Thanks for replies, might take the risk. Where would I need to download it from and does it take long?
          Last edited by Guest; 26-11-07, 22:54.

Comment

You can download it here at the microsoft website:

or just google it and loads of different sites will come up with it on.

Sorry, can't remember how long it took - but not THAT long.

Comment

Thanks, will study it better tomorrow.

Comment

you can always uninstall it if you dont like it and it leaves you back with IE 6

Comment

Well, I just downloaded it, seems ok so far. Is it me or doed the text on here seem bolder.

Comment

hi yes it does make your writing look bolder quite nice isnt it ???

Comment

Hi Val

Yes I think I quite like it. I also like the idea of being able to have several tabs open in one window.

Comment

Meeky you are better than me I could not figure IE7 out so uninstalled it, maybe one day you can tell me how you have several tabs open at once .
                        I use Firefox now and I love it

Comment

Val if you can use Firefox you should be able to use IE7 - it works on the same principles, you just click in the little 'tab' next to the label where it says which site you're currently viewing (NOT the browser bar at the very top) which, form memory, is the same principle as Firefox?

Comment

Hi Snowdrop I dont know why I could not get on with it maybe i will try it again thanks

Comment

Firefox is much quicker and simpler than 1E7 and also uses up less system resources. ;)

Comment

does it Valley oh well maybe I will stay with it then .

Comment

Here you are Val,if you want to read about the comparisons....and anyone else who fancies a change.

IE7 versus Firefox2

CNET Prizefight: Internet Explorer 7 vs. Firefox 2 - CNET reviews
                                  Its C-Nets reviews on both browsers.

Comment

thanks for that Valley

Comment

Working...
                                    X