Something odd happened to picture!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Something odd happened to picture!

I wonder if anyone can help me - there is a probable solution which is simple BUT a) don't know what it is and b) haven't a clue how to use the "clever stuff" on the computer. Typing is my only skill!

I was given a photo of my father's wife. I added it to "my photos" and uploaded it to my Tree. The picture disappeared - I reloaded and it happened again - never so it go!

I tried to upload it today and it is no longer a the correct sort of file that ancestry will accept - it had become a ?rtl file - I copied it and resaved it and it promptly became a pdf file - I have scanned my computer - there are no bugs. What on earth has gone wrong. More importantly, how can I put in right and upload this picture to my photos in a form that can be added to my ancestry tree.

Perplexed and ignorant .............Sue
    Last edited by Sue1; 10-11-15, 15:15.

Please Ignore the Above ................ something extremely odd going on - there are now 2 good pictures of her in "my pictures" - not sure yet what type of document they are .............just looked - one is a jpeg. I must have gremlins!

Comment

glad you sorted it odd things happen to my photos now and then.

Comment

rtf is a Rich Text File it is a larger file than a jpg you may have hit on the wrong file to save it

Edna

Comment

Thanks to all who have replied - am still completely mystified but at least I still have the picture! Sue

Comment

You need to manually change the extension to .jpg or something similar, so it is a visual format. A photo should not be in .rtf or .pdf - if it is, it won't be visible.
            Last edited by James18; 03-01-16, 13:38.
            Eighteen -- Hadleigh, Suffolk; Reading, Berkshire
            Hendry -- Ballymena, Antrim; Glasgow, Lanarkshire
            Wylie -- Ballymena, Antrim; Glasgow, Lanarkshire

Comment

Thanks to all - I think I need a new computer but they never seem to last long!
              Spilt cuppa has not helped this one - however, my lack of knowledge doesn't help. Sue

Comment

Working...
              X