X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ditto.

Comment

Paul

It looks like the District for 1502 Vine is 444 Ward 7. However, I can see 1500 (so annoying) but then it goes onto 1510 (no Liddys) and subsequent numbers as would be expected 1512, 1514 etc. So where is 1502??

Have saved it

Also noted that on their entry to Quebec in 1930, it is recorded that their entry visa was issued on 3rd April 1930 (Washington). The USA census was 1st April. Did they have to go in person to apply for it I wonder

Vera
      Last edited by vera2013; 19-09-15, 17:25.

Comment

PS 1930 Census Page 4/5

There are 5 families in the house No 1500 so possibly 5 flats 1500-1510 including 1502.

Still no Liddys

Vera

Comment

Hi Vera, thanks for continuing to search.I have found George on the Cincinnati street directory for 1930/31 living at 1502 Vine!
          Of the 5 families listed at 1500 Vine, does any of them have a family structure of father,mother,son and daughter?(I don't have access to Ancestry, so cannot check for myself) Since the Liddy family does not appear anywhere in 1930 census, I have to assume their surname has been totally mis-transcribed.

Regards.
          Paul.

George Liddy 1930 street directory.jpg

Comment

Originally posted by City Hall View Post
            Hi Vera, thanks for continuing to search.I have found George on the Cincinnati street directory for 1930/31 living at 1502 Vine!
            Of the 5 families listed at 1500 Vine, does any of them have a family structure of father,mother,son and daughter?(I don't have access to Ancestry, so cannot check for myself) Since the Liddy family does not appear anywhere in 1930 census, I have to assume their surname has been totally mis-transcribed.

Regards.
            Paul.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]17799[/ATTACH]
            not sure where you are searching Paul for the directories but have you also tried searching under the name of Leddy?
            Julie
            They're coming to take me away haha hee hee..........

.......I find dead people

Comment

Paul

I can send you the copies of the census pages if you wish. You would need to PM your e mail. They come direct from Ancestry.

I cannot see anything remotely like Liddy. No first names similar either. Did they go off somewhere prior to the census and sub let.

That directory 30/31 would possibly be from records taken after the 1930 Census. I saw George and (Marie) in a 1932 directory.

In my travels I did manage to bring up the convents in the City so will check for a Mary.

Vera

Comment

Hi Julie, not entirely sure what you mean about searching for the directories! I have now checked the name Leddy but didn't find any suitable candidates.

Thanks.
                Paul.

Comment

Hi Vera, thanks again. I am just about to PM you.
                  Regards.
                  Paul.

Comment

Hi Julie, not entirely sure what you mean about searching for the directories! I have now checked the name Leddy but didn't find any suitable candidates.

Thanks.
                    Paul.
                    what I meant was where are the directories located that you are looking at? are they on Findmypast, as I see that you don't subscribe to ancestry
                    Julie

Comment

Paul

Not seeing Mary in a Cincinnati convent

Vera

Comment

Originally posted by Darksecretz View Post
                        what I meant was where are the directories located that you are looking at? are they on Findmypast, as I see that you don't subscribe to ancestry
                        Hi Julie. The directories are available to view on-line here.

Paul.

Comment

Originally posted by vera2013 View Post
                          Paul

Not seeing Mary in a Cincinnati convent

Vera
                          Hi Vera, thanks for checking. In a way, I'm glad, if that makes any sense to you.

Paul.

Comment

Paul

It does but each to his own and all that. Maybe some info on George will throw up cues for Mary ?? witness at their Wedding or hopefully sitting with them in the 1940.

Vera

Comment

Originally posted by vera2013 View Post
                              Paul

It does but each to his own and all that. Maybe some info on George will throw up cues for Mary ?? witness at their Wedding or hopefully sitting with them in the 1940.

Vera
                              Hi Vera, and also Val,Dark Secretz and Mirrytindle.
                              I realise this is probably unusual,and I am also aware that you might not be in the least bit interested;),but I thought given the time and effort you all invested in helping me the least I could do was update you on my search for the elusive Mary Liddy.
                              I have now traced her.She married a Raymond Rohrer and settled in Kentucky. She had 3 children, all girls I think. One of them was definitely called Nancy Rae Rohrer who was born in 1936 and died in 2006. I think the other children were called Kathleen and Judith, but I can't be sure. There are still gaps, for example I can't find her marriage to Raymond Rohrer, but at least I know she didn't die young and didn't join a convent!! She died in 1987, aged 76 and was survived by her husband.
                              Thanks again for all your help.
                              Take care.
                              Paul.

Comment

Thanks for the update Paul. When I saw your post my first thought was oh no I've scrapped my jottings. It's good news that Mary went onto marry and have children and lived a long life. Are you able to say how you found out the information?

Vera
                                Last edited by vera2013; 27-11-15, 18:27.

Comment

Hi Vera, yeah, I was trawling the internet (as is my wont) and located a partially viewable death notice insertion for her mother,also called Mary Liddy, in the Cincinnati Enquirer newspaper.The site was a pay per view operation but with a bit of help the name Mrs Ray (Mary) Rohrer became visible. I was then able to locate her on the 1940 US census and discovered she had a daughter aged 4 called Nancy in 1940. Nancy must never have married and with a bit more help I was able to view some details of Nancy's death in 2006 aged 70 which listed her mother's name as Mary C Liddy.

Paul.

Comment

Hello Paul, that's great news, glad you managed to find her. Which part of Kentucky did they settle in and do you think they married in Kentucky or somewhere else? We have family there and we are 2 1/2 hrs from Owensboro. If they married in KY the next time I am there I can trawl the records for you. Thanks for the update, I do like hearing someone had success with a search, it means there is hope for us all. Best wishes. Mirry
                                    Mirry

Genealogy……. It’s not the size of the tree that matters, It’s the quality of the nuts you find on there

Comment

Fantastic Paul. As is oft said, it sometimes can take only one little thing to open it all up. Great result

Vera

Comment

Hi Vera, and also Val,Dark Secretz and Mirrytindle.
                                        I realise this is probably unusual,and I am also aware that you might not be in the least bit interested;),but I thought given the time and effort you all invested in helping me the least I could do was update you on my search for the elusive Mary Liddy.
                                        I have now traced her.She married a Raymond Rohrer and settled in Kentucky. She had 3 children, all girls I think. One of them was definitely called Nancy Rae Rohrer who was born in 1936 and died in 2006. I think the other children were called Kathleen and Judith, but I can't be sure. There are still gaps, for example I can't find her marriage to Raymond Rohrer, but at least I know she didn't die young and didn't join a convent!! She died in 1987, aged 76 and was survived by her husband.
                                        Thanks again for all your help.
                                        Take care.
                                        Paul.
                                        Brilliant news Paul! have you tried looking at Familysearch.org for the marriage/baptism records?
                                        Julie

Comment

Hi Vera, Mirry and Darksecretz. Thanks for the replies and so sorry for the delay in responding. My laptop is completely banjaxed!! I will have to wait for my son to fix it.
                                          Mirry, they settled in Fort Thomas , Kentucky.
                                          Darksecretz, I have searched Familysearch.org but without success so far.

Take care all.
                                          Paul.

Comment

Working...
                                          X