Ancestry app

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ancestry app

Does anyone know how to get it onto my mini ipad?

Have tried to get it through the app shop but don't understand how to do it.

Thanks

Researching Irish families: FARMER, McBRIDE McQUADE, McQUAID, KIRK, SANDS/SANAHAN (Cork), BARR,

I do not own an ipad but my understanding is that you need to download apps via itunes. The ancestry app page is here

‎Explore who and where you came from through photos, stories, historical records, and so much more— even your ethnicity and family communities if you’ve taken an AncestryDNA® test. And with just one relative’s name, you can start to discover your family history anytime, anywhere with Ancestry®, the t…

and the implication from that page is that you open itunes. I have clicked the View in iTunes button and opened the store on my PC, logged in to iTunes and set the download in motion (following the onscreen instructions) I end up with the app in the Library under Apps.

OK that is as far as I can go as I do not have a suitable Apple gadget but my guess would be that if you attach your iPad Mini then it will sync with iTunes on the PC (or Mac if you have a Mac). Hopefully someone with the right equipment will jump in and help.

David

Comment

Thanks David - will let OH have a go at it - mind you at the minute every computer gadget is going down lol

Thank goodness I haven't touched anything lol.

Researching Irish families: FARMER, McBRIDE McQUADE, McQUAID, KIRK, SANDS/SANAHAN (Cork), BARR,

Comment

Working...
      X