Transfering my tree

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Transfering my tree

i have family tree maker 2014 it is all set up but is it possible to transfer my tree from my heritage to family tree maker 2014, Hoping you say yes

There should be a facility in My Heritage to export a GEDCOM file. This is saved to your computer and opened using the Family Tree Maker software.
    Elaine

Comment

omg i did it thank you elaine, im not brill on computers either lol, well and truly happy, saved me days and days of work,

Comment

Sorry can i ask can people online see all my family details x

Comment

If you have put your tree on Family Tree Maker, then no one can see your information online. FTM is a program on your computer and only visible to you.
          Elaine

Comment

If you want to share your information, providing you have an Ancestry account (even a free one!) then you can synchronise your tree between Family Tree Maker (on your computer) and Ancestry (online). You can make your Ancestry tree public so that anyone can see it, or you can make it private and send out invites to those people you want to be able to see it.
            Elaine

Comment

How do i check if its private.

Comment

Originally posted by shaz131 View Post
                How do i check if its private.
                To check whether your Ancestry tree is private or public ..
                You should see a drop down list next to the heading TREE PAGES - select TREE SETTINGS.
                Click on the PRIVACY SETTINGS tab - you can then see if your tree is public or private. Amend accordingly!
                Elaine

Comment

Thank you x

Comment

Working...
                  X