X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

That would be fab. Is derick your mums brother who is married to babara x

Comment

Originally posted by aqua36 View Post
      Harold was the second youngest son, there were five brothers; leonard, William, Robert, George Harold, and Harry, five sisters, Dot, flo, Peggy, Claire, can't remember the other one. My mum's brother also moved to Berkshire many years ago, married and brought up a family there, small world isn't it? only photos she has are of your stepdad's parents.
      Was the other one John x

Comment

Sorry, correction, their were six brothers; Leonard, William, Robert, George, Harold and Harry and four sisters; Dot, Flo ,Peggy and Clara who died aged two, don't know of a John. My mum is looking for the only photo she has.

Comment

I wonder if you are getting Clara muddles with John? I can't see a birth for Clara but John Brindle died aged 2 in 1926.

Also, there doesn't appear to be a Robert. There is a Rupert, who was born 25th Jan 1909 and died in Warrington March 1978 aged 69.

p.s. Sorry - there is also a Clara who was born before the 1911 census in 1904 who died aged 3 in 1908. So I assume that's the one who has died on the 1911.
          Last edited by Chrissie Smiff; 18-04-14, 10:15.
          Chrissie passed away in January 2020.

Comment

I'm repeating what my mother told me, but you're probably right it must have been Rupert and not Robert, Clara died aged three but I'll ask her again about John. It's a long time ago and mum is getting on a bit.

Comment

I have found deaths for all the children apart from one (though she would be 100 if alive). So can post them in order –

Leonard Ball Dec 1902 Warrington 8c 205

Marriage – Sept 1903 Warrington 8c 352 – George Harold Brindle to Phoebe Emma Ball

Births –
              Clara Brindle Sept 1904 Warrington 8c 219 – Died June 1908 aged Warrington 8c 111
              Doris Brindle March 1906 Warrington 8c 235
              William Brindle March 1907 Warrington 8c 249
              Rupert Brindle March 1909 Warrington 8c 256
              George Brindle Dec 1911 Warrington 8c 377

We will call her Flo Brindle as I can’t find a matching death – Sept 1913 Warrington 8c 419

Harold Brindle June 1920 Warrington 8c 442
              Margaret V Brindle 1922 Warrington 8c 286
              John Brindle March 1924 Warrington 8c 346 – Died March 1926 aged 2 Warrington 8c 216
              Harry Brindle June 1928 Warrington 8c 319

Comment

Originally posted by aqua36 View Post
                Sorry, correction, their were six brothers; Leonard, William, Robert, George, Harold and Harry and four sisters; Dot, Flo ,Peggy and Clara who died aged two, don't know of a John. My mum is looking for the only photo she has.
                Thank you it does make sence now has a clire brindle wasnt fitting in , Iwould be greatful for any dates or spouses ect, xxx

Comment

sorry got excited and answered first post i didnt relize there was more, thank you all xxx

Comment

So how many children did they actually have x

Comment

Originally posted by shaz131 View Post
                      So how many children did they actually have x
                      As far as we can tell 10 together, plus Leonard to Phoebe Emma Ball.

I have looked up William to start you off -
                      William Brindle March 1907 (6th Feb birth) Warrington 8c 249 – died Sept 1972 Warrington. Married Bessie Burge March 1929 Warrington – Bessie born 28th Aug 1908 and died March 1983 aged 74 in Warrington. Appear to have had 2 daughters and a son-all of whom could still easily be alive. You can find these births on free bmd if you put Brindle in Surname and Burge in mothers maiden name. Please don't post them on here though as they could easily still be alive.
                      Last edited by Chrissie Smiff; 18-04-14, 16:39.

Comment

Thanks chrissie really appreciate all your help xx

Comment

ive found them thank you xx

Comment

[QUOTE=Chrissie Smiff;2494213]I have found deaths for all the children apart from one (though she would be 100 if alive). So can post them in order –

Leonard Ball Dec 1902 Warrington 8c 205

Marriage – Sept 1903 Warrington 8c 352 – George Harold Brindle to Phoebe Emma Ball

Births –
                            Clara Brindle Sept 1904 Warrington 8c 219 – Died June 1908 aged Warrington 8c 111
                            Doris Brindle March 1906 Warrington 8c 235
                            William Brindle March 1907 Warrington 8c 249
                            Rupert Brindle March 1909 Warrington 8c 256
                            George Brindle Dec 1911 Warrington 8c 377

We will call her Flo Brindle as I can’t find a matching death – Sept 1913 Warrington 8c 419

Harold Brindle June 1920 Warrington 8c 442
                            Margaret V Brindle 1922 Warrington 8c 286
                            John Brindle March 1924 Warrington 8c 346 – Died March 1926 aged 2 Warrington 8c 216
                            Harry Brindle June 1928 Warrington 8c 319[/QUOTfE]

flo was Florence Brindle, if that helps your search, and the eldest son Leonard was the natural child of both George (senior) and Phoebe, but he was born before they got married and kept his mother's maiden name. All the brothers and sisters have passed away.

Comment

Thank you

Comment

I know her full name (including middle initial) Aqua but I couldn't find a likely death and/or marriage for her. As we don't allow the names of living people to be posted I left her details out. Perhaps you could tell us when/where she died please?

Comment

ive found one in 1913 in Burnley Lancashire, I wonder if this is her and thats why no marriage,

Burial: 3 Jan 1913 Burnley Cemetery, Burnley, Lancashire, England
                                  Florence Brindle -
                                  Abode: 13 Bivel St
                                  Grave: A12368
                                  Notes: Buried in a Public Grave
                                  Register: Burials 1909 - 1914, Page 226, Entry 76972
                                  Source: Original Registers Book 10
                                  Last edited by shaz131; 19-04-14, 11:06.

Comment

Originally posted by shaz131 View Post
                                    ive found one in 1913 in Burnley Lancashire, I wonder if this is her and thats why no marriage,

Burial: 3 Jan 1913 Burnley Cemetery, Burnley, Lancashire, England
                                    Florence Brindle -
                                    Abode: 13 Bivel St
                                    Grave: A12368
                                    Notes: Buried in a Public Grave
                                    Register: Burials 1909 - 1914, Page 226, Entry 76972
                                    Source: Original Registers Book 10
                                    No Shaz, that one has no middle initial and there is a corresponding birth for her in Burnley.

Comment

If you want to do more searching on Free BMD, there are a few other possible marriages with children you could look for. Bear in mind these are only POSSIBLE scenarios - they would all need certificates to check them.

You would need to check 2 possible marriages for Rupert. Rupert Brindle March 1909 (25th Jan birth) Warrington 8c 256 – Died March 1978 aged 69 Warrington. Two possible marriages in Warrington but my guess would be to Fanny Holt in March 1935 Warrington. The reason I am guessing that one is because of their daughter’s name (you will find her on Free BMD). Fanny born June 1913 (11th March) Warrington, Died July 2006 aged 93 Warrington

George Brindle Dec 1911 (birth 11th Sept) Warrington 8c 377 – died March 1980 aged 68 Warrington.

Margaret V Brindle born 22nd Feb 1922 Warrington 8c 286 – Possibly married John Darbyshire Sept 1947 Warrington - died as Margaret Vera Darbyshire May 2005 aged 83 Warrington. John probably died 1960 Warrington. Possibly had 2 daughters and a son, who could all still be alive. One of the possible daughters appears to be on Genes Reunited, though she hasn’t got her mother listed.

Harry Brindle June (Birth 11th May) 1928 Warrington 8c 319 – Died April 1992 aged 63 Warrington. Possible marriage in 1952 Warrington to a Corbett, but no corresponding death found for the wife (so can’t post her full name). Three possible sons and a daughter to this couple

Comment

With regards to Florence Shaz - it isn't that there aren't any possible marriages/deaths etc. It's just that there are several possibilities but non in Warrington. So it's impossible to know which, if any, may be her.

Comment

ok chrissie im with you now lol im learning slowley lol xx

Comment

Working...
                                          X