Ancestry Blog: FREE World War I records

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ancestry Blog: FREE World War I records

* World War I touched every family. If you’re not aware of any relatives who served in the War, that simply means you probably haven’t found them yet. To commemorate Remembrance Weekend, we’re giving everyone the chance to discover their family’s role in the Great War. We’ve made our Service Records, Pension Records and Medal Index Cards… Read more

More...

Please note: This post has originated from a news feed from an external website.
    Family Tree Forum neither endorses nor is responsible for the views of the author or any other content.

Very disappointing, and (IMO) a "come-on" to attract subscribers. I have two ancestors who died in WW1; neither show up in this "offer" search, although (as a signed-up subscriber to Ancestry) I have already found images and information some time ago, using the standard "Search all records" procedure. Giving precise details already to hand (regiment, number, place) finds nothing, while dropping to surname alone still finds nothing. I have felt for a long time that Ancestry concentrates mainly on american interests, and merely "skims" UK data to use as bait for more subscribers....:(

Gram

Comment

Not sure which record you are looking for, but just to point out that there are only three databases covered by this offer, namely Service Records, Pension Records and Medal Index Cards

There are other WW1 datasets on Ancestry, so maybe your information originated from one of those, and not the three mentioned here.
      Elaine

Comment

Working...
      X