X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The right Herbert Hudson ?

:p

I know I've got the right ancestors here

Herbert Hart Hudson married Elizabeth Hall Nottingham Sep quarter 1883 (by the way, can I tell from the BMD reference which church this was at ?)

I come to a problem, though, when I try to trace Herbert further back. I can only find a Herbert Hudson born at Worksop, Notts in 1867 & it looks as though another one may have been born there in 1869 (maybe the first one died) & a Herbert Charles Hudson born in Doncaster (then seems to have been listed under Notts) in 1858 (This is assuming that Herbert Hart Hudson was born in the area, of course)

The Herbert Hudson(s?) parents in Worksop seem to have been John & Lucy & they look like the couple who were married in Matlock Bath on 21 July 1863 (with John living in Uttoxeter, Staffs) Lucy wasn't a Hart. & Herbert Hart Hudson didn't name any of his daughters Lucy or any of his sons John..Can't get any further back with Herbert Charles Hudson from Doncaster at this stage.

Can anyone find a more likely candidate for Herbert Hart Hudson & his parents, please or point out something obvious I'm doing wrong ? (a rotten cold & finding it hard to concentrate)

Come to think of it, he didn't name any of his sons Herbert, Hart or Charles, either (unless a baby died)

If names help, Herbert Hart's children were Claude, Frederick, Cyril, Elsie Jane, Claribel Elizabeth (once recorded as Charlotte) & Constance Ruby

Comment

No you can't tell from a BMD ref which church as they are entered in civil registration districts. You'll only find out the church by getting the certificate.
      Margaret

Comment

Looks like Herbert was born in Derby (from 1911) here's his birth record
        Herbert Hart Hudson
        Year of Registration: 1865Quarter of Registration: Jan-Feb-Mar
        District: Derby County: Derbyshire
        Volume: 7b Page: 424

Comment

Here he is 1901 RG13; Piece: 3167; Folio: 127; Page: 7 and 1891 RG12; Piece: 2684; Folio 81; Page 28

Comment

I think this is him in 1881 RG11; Piece: 3338; Folio: 8; Page: 10 living in Burton Joyce as a lodger. Elizabeth comes from that village!
            Margaret

Comment

See what you think of this one for 1871 RG10; Piece: 3576; Folio: 42; Page: 32 parents Thomas Hudson and Jemima.
              Margaret

Comment

Thanks so much, Margharet. I've found a number of possible Thomas Hudson/Hart marriages in various possible locations, but none of the Harts is a Jemima. So maybe they married somewhere we don't expect them to/maybe they never married/maybe Jemima wasn't a Hart

Comment

Nottinghamshire BMD records not on line yet :(( looks like you will need marriage cert for fathers name, unless someone can do a look up for you.

Comment

Have you found any Thomas/ Jemima marriages at all?
                    Margaret

Comment

I think this is the marriage
                      CLARKE, Jemima
                      Registration District: Derby County: Derbyshire
                      Year of Registration: 1870 Quarter of Registration: Oct-Nov-Dec
                      Volume No: 7B, Page No: 840
                      So now to look for where Hart comes in!
                      Margaret
                      Last edited by margaretmarch; 14-01-11, 17:23.

Comment

I think this is Thomas in 1861 with a first wife Jane RG9; Piece: 2467; Folio: 80; Page: 7 Maybe she's the Hart
                        Margaret

Comment

Wow, thank you Margaret.....you're way ahead of me....off to look for Jane Hart

Comment

Here's the first marriage
                            Jane Hart
                            Year of Registration: 1853 Quarter of Registration: Jul-Aug-Sep
                            District: Basford County: Derbyshire, Nottinghamshire
                            Volume: 7b Page: 181
                            Margaret

Comment

Thank you....found her birth, but couldn't find the marriage. I'd been wondering if Jemima & Jane were Clark(e) sisters as I'd found a Jemima Clark(e) of the right age born in Basford & one in Burton on Trent & there were LOTS of Jane Clark(e)s born in Basford, one in Burton on Trent & a few in Nottingham

Comment

Originally posted by greyingrey View Post
                                Thank you....found her birth, but couldn't find the marriage. I'd been wondering if Jemima & Jane were Clark(e) sisters as I'd found a Jemima Clark(e) of the right age born in Basford & one in Burton on Trent & there were LOTS of Jane Clark(e)s born in Basford, one in Burton on Trent & a few in Nottingham
                                That would mean Jane had married a Hart before marrying Thomas. The census show Jemima as born is Wastall, Notts and Jane as Ruddington.
                                Margaret

Comment

This looks like it could be Jane Hart in 1841 HO107; Piece 863; Book: 11; Civil Parish: Ruddington; County: Nottinghamshire; Enumeration District: 7; Folio: 38; Page: 19;
                                  Margaret

Comment

and possibly 1851 HO107; Piece: 2079; Folio: 301; Page: 3;

Comment

and a possible for Jemima Clarke in 1841 HO107; Piece 857; Book: 8; Civil Parish: Greasley; County: Nottinghamshire; Enumeration District: 9; Folio: 6; Page: 6;

Comment

and Jemima in 1851 HO107; Piece: 2125; Folio: 164; Page: 24;

Comment

Working...
                                        X