they married in 1898

their children were:
    William John born 1899 Holyhead
    Ellen Grace born 1901 Holyhead
    Margaret Ellen born 1903 Holyhead
    Hugh Evan born 1905 Holyhead
    Edith born 1907 Holyhead
    James born 1909 Holyhead
    and they had 1 child who died (according to 1911 census)

In 1901 Address was 5, foundry, Back Jew Street, Holyhead
    In 1911 Address was 36 Baptist Street, Holyhead
    Any help would be most appreciated
    Thanks
    Gemma
    Last edited by GemmaMcManus; 09-01-11, 16:30.

Hello Gemma

From the 1911 census how many years had they been married?

treechaser

oops just spotted!
    Last edited by treechaser; 08-01-11, 23:27.

Comment

William WILLIAMS

RG12 4677 30 6
      Highgate Street Llanerchymedd Anglesey
      WILLIAMS Owen 1854 Ag Lab Llandrygan
      WILLIAMS Catherine 1852 Llandrygan
      WILLIAMS William 1875 stable boy Bodwrog
      WILLIAMS John Stephen 1879 Amlwch
      WILLIAMS Robert Owen 1881 Llancheynfarwy
      WILLIAMS Edward 1887 Llancheynfarwy
      WILLIAMS Owen Edward 1889 Llancheynfarwy

all places are on Anglesey

treechaser

Comment

Ellen

A bit more difficult..... Bangor Caernarvonshire

Only marriage I can find that would tie in with the 1911 census is

William WILLIMAs= Ellen JONES q2 1897 Bangor 11b 814

Again the only one that LOOKS right, born Bangor and living Bangorand assuming that it is not one of the villages that could be considered part of Bangor

JONES William Slate maker 1837 Waen Fawr
        JONES Rachel 1836 Llanystein
        JONES Trevor 1876 Quarryman Bangor
        JONES Ellen 1879 Scholar Bangor

I think you need to establish the date of marriage and obtain the marriage certificate, I have noted that Ellen is connected to an on line tree, of course the tree owner could have selected the incorrect Ellen!

Freebmd.org.uk

Maybe someone else can find more out about Ellen!

trechaser

Comment

William Williams and Ellen
          William born 1876 Llanerchymedd
          Hi Gemma

I'd like to help, but the font you have chosen, while elegant, is a bit difficult to read because it's relatively tall and thin - and compressed. If you could choose a font that's a bit more open, it would be easier for those of us whose eyes aren't as good as they were!

Christine
          Researching: BENNETT (Leics/Birmingham-ish) - incl. Leonard BENNETT in Detroit & Florida ; WARR/WOR, STRATFORD & GARDNER/GARNAR (Oxon); CHRISTMAS, RUSSELL, PAFOOT/PAFFORD (Hants); BIGWOOD, HAYLER/HAILOR (Sussex); LANCASTER (Beds, Berks, Wilts) - plus - COCKS (Spitalfields, Liverpool, Plymouth); RUSE/ROWSE, TREMEER, WADLIN(G)/WADLETON (Devonport, E Cornwall); GOULD (S Devon); CHAPMAN, HALL/HOLE, HORN (N Devon); BARRON, SCANTLEBURY (Mevagissey)...

Comment

Hi christine
            i didnt even realise the font had changed- i think ive changed it to something readable!

Treechaser- I do have William Williams parents but cant find a marriage so cant trace Ellens family, The family you have for William are not the same as the ones i have His parents as John Williams and Ellen which i got off his sisters birth/marriage certificate- I dont think i explained very well what i was looking for- A marriage for William and Ellen, and ellens family, and i would really like to try and find marriages/families for william and ellens children.
            I am going to look at the marriage you have found abouve now

Thanks again
            gemma

Comment

Originally posted by GemmaMcManus View Post
              Hi christine
              i didnt even realise the font had changed- i think ive changed it to something readable!

<snip>

Thanks again
              gemma
              Thank you! I can read it now.

Christine
              Researching: BENNETT (Leics/Birmingham-ish) - incl. Leonard BENNETT in Detroit & Florida ; WARR/WOR, STRATFORD & GARDNER/GARNAR (Oxon); CHRISTMAS, RUSSELL, PAFOOT/PAFFORD (Hants); BIGWOOD, HAYLER/HAILOR (Sussex); LANCASTER (Beds, Berks, Wilts) - plus - COCKS (Spitalfields, Liverpool, Plymouth); RUSE/ROWSE, TREMEER, WADLIN(G)/WADLETON (Devonport, E Cornwall); GOULD (S Devon); CHAPMAN, HALL/HOLE, HORN (N Devon); BARRON, SCANTLEBURY (Mevagissey)...

Comment

The 1911 census simply says they'd been married 13 years - that means April 1897 - Mar 1898.
                I'd agree with that marriage at post #4: it appears on North Wales BMD: Bangor, Civil Marriage

Similarly, William could have been born Apr 1875 to Mar 1876, and Ellen Apr 1878 - Mar 1879.

Christine

Comment

When you say that you're trying to trace the family - do you mean ancestors (going back in time)? or descendants (their children and their families)?

Christine

Comment

sorry i havent replied sooner the children just seem to take up a lot of time!!!!

The descendents- My mother in law informed me yesterday she has williams ancestors and she is looking the papers out- I have asked her about this probably 6 or 7 times and she only know remembers she has it

Apart from the childrens names and bieth years we know nothing else (or0 so im assured!)

gemma

Comment

Perhaps we'd better wait until we find out what info is forthcoming?

Christine

Comment

Williams family

I am the grandson of James Williams as listed in the 1911 census so i'm related to the williams family you reguire information on.
                        What is your relationship to the family? and have you managed to build a family tree?

Comment

Hello Brian,

You can send Gemma a Private message by clicking on her user name on this thread and if she is still active on her e mail addy she will get a notification of your message

Edna

Comment

Originally posted by GemmaMcManus View Post
                            Hi all, i am trying to trace the family of:

William Williams and Ellen
                            William born 1876 Llanerchymedd
                            Ellen born 1879 Bangor
                            they married in 1898

their children were:
                            William John born 1899 Holyhead
                            Ellen Grace born 1901 Holyhead
                            Margaret Ellen born 1903 Holyhead
                            Hugh Evan born 1905 Holyhead
                            Edith born 1907 Holyhead
                            James born 1909 Holyhead
                            and they had 1 child who died (according to 1911 census)

In 1901 Address was 5, foundry, Back Jew Street, Holyhead
                            In 1911 Address was 36 Baptist Street, Holyhead
                            Any help would be most appreciated
                            Thanks
                            Gemma
                            Hi Gemma, William John Williams was my father, have got in touch with Brian [cousin's grandson ] from Holyhead.My parents Margaret and William John had 5 children, Megan who just died on 11/11/2011from Holyhead, Gwen who lives in Middlesex, Billy who died aged 48/ myself Joan aged 72 live in Hampshire, and Hughie aged 50 lives in Chester,let me know if you want any more info
                            Joanyjoan

Comment

Welcome to FTF, Joanyjoan.

I recommend you send Gemma a PM (personal message - click on her name and a list of options drops down, one of which has an envelope symbol). Her name in the margin is grey, not a bright colour, and that suggests she hasn't visited for a while. If you send a PM, there's a chance that it will trigger a message to her external email telling her you've sent a message.

Christine

Comment

A PM may very well do the trick Joan. I just checked and Gemma came back to the site the day after Brian posted. Presumably in response to a message from him.
                                Chrissie passed away in January 2020.

Comment

Working...
                                X