Arthur Edwin Clark

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Arthur Edwin Clark

born bristol 1903-1962 married kate bryer in 1923, both these people are now deceased, im looking for parents of arthur (he was my grandad) my mum is the only one of the family left now and she has no ideas as family wasnt really spoke about back then and we lived abroad due to dad being in the navy. so any help would be great thanks

His marriage certificate will give his father's name.
    Wendy

PLEASE SCAN AT 300-600 DPI FOR RESTORATION PURPOSES. THANK YOU!

Comment

This is the reference for ordering the marriage certificate from the General Register Office, cost 9.25 pounds

Arthur E Clark/Kate Bryer
      Apr-May-Jun 1923
      Bristol, volume 6a, page 35.

As Wendy says, the marriage certificate will give the name of his father, as well as his occupation, which should make it easier to find them on the 1911 and possibly earlier censuses.
      Elaine

Comment

Not sure what source his birth place is from but this appears to be a birth registration match, ordering the cert will give details of his parents.

Birth
        March 1903
        Arthur Edwin Clark
        Bristol 6a 209
        Jay

Comment

thanks for all your help, any ideas howi would find out where he was buried to? sorry im not very good at this

Comment

Originally posted by kartrix View Post
            thanks for all your help, any ideas howi would find out where he was buried to? sorry im not very good at this
            Do you have his death cert or know his date & place of death?

Check the cemeteries in the area he lived, it's possible he was cremated so I would check the crem records too.

Check in the local newspaper for the area where he lived for a death annoucement which would give details of the date & place etc.
            Jay

Comment

thanks for all your help, will c what ican find on monday. Thanks again

Comment

thanks, he died in 1939 in bedminster bristol.i think it was a brain heamorrage or similar.

Comment

Working...
                X