Marriage cert...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Marriage cert...

Hi - I've found a marriage on Lancashire BMD in 1920. It was registered at Blackburn Registry Office and the ref is RM/206/174. How can I apply to the GRO for the cert. Thanks.

Would have thought the best way was to find the same entry on Free BMD (http://freebmd.rootsweb.com/cgi/search.pl) - presuming it has been transcribed - and apply online to the GRO (http://www.gro.gov.uk/gro/content/certificates/) with the reference from there

Ancestry and FMP also have marriages from that period indexed

Cheers
    Sue

Comment

Hi Sue - I could only find it in the Lancs site...I'll have another look..it's not on FreeBMD...
      PS - I keep seeing spots before my eyes!!!

Comment

Naomi

This is probably one of the many events which did not reach the GRO.

Is there a reason why you don't want to order it from the local Register Office?

OC

Comment

Hi OC - Happy New Year...yes, it would be easier to apply on line...looking at the Lancs site, it has to be done by post...it states that ordering on line is n/a.

Comment

thats the reason i didnt order from yorkshire, they dont have online. if u cant find it in the gro index, you'll have to get it from lancs, it will be more annoying and tedious, but it will be worth it?

Comment

Well, you sort of CAN order by email (or you could) - this is my workaround, lol, but don't tell them I told you!

Send them an email asking if they are able to supply certificate blah blah and can they confirm that someone on the cert is called joe Bloggs (or whatever). This query bit is important otherwise they may just direct you to the Lancsbmd site.

I have had brilliant service from Blackburn in the past, I cannot praise them highly enough - I once emailed them late Sunday night and received the cert first thing Tuesday morning, before I had even paid for it!

OC

Comment

Working...
              X