Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Ireland Marriage 1867 - where do I find more info?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ireland Marriage 1867 - where do I find more info?

I have found a marriage on the familysearch pilot site which I think is my 2x great-grandparents, details as follows:
    Groom's Name: Michael Byrne
    Bride's Name: Margaret Carey
    Marriage Date: 12 Nov 1867
    Marriage Place: Co. Queens, Ireland
    Groom's Father's Name: Jahn Byrne
    Bride's Father's Name: Timothy Carey
    Groom's Marital Status: Single
    Bride's Marital Status: Single
    Indexing Project (Batch) Number: M70238-7
    System Origin: Ireland-EASy
    Source Film Number: 101519

My 2xgreat-grandparents had 3 children born Carlow & Dublin between 1868 & 1872 ( I have the birth certificates), the first one being born almost exactly 9 months to the day after this marriage. Carlow is near enough to Queens County to make this marriage a distinct possibility.
    I am just wondering if there is any possibility of viewing a film of the original image, either at an LDS centre or elsewhere? If so, would I need to quote the film number given above? Are there any Irish libraries or record offices which may have the original record? I'm not sure whether these would be held in Dublin or more locally to Queens.
    Thanks in anticipation of any help.

as far as I know you order the film from the LDS and its available for a while for you to view should tell you on the site?

Comment

Thank you Val. I thought that the references given seemed slightly different from IGI references I have seen - not that I have ever ordered those films into an LDS centre either. The problem with this record, & I don't know if it is typical of the familysearch site, is that I can't tell what the source of the info is. Other than Queen's County it does not state the church or even the town or village details to narrow it down as a likely marriage for my ancestors. I guess the only way to find out will be to order the film & check it out - just hope the film shows the original record rather than just a transcript.
      I must say though that it is exciting to have even the possibility of a breakthrough with my Irish familly!
      Thanks again for your reply Val - your link is much better than the one I was using which kept defaulting to a centre in Arkansas!
      PS Just searched on the londonfhc.org site & have found that that film no relates to "Ireland, Civil Registration, Marriages 1867, Volume 18" so that's a start!
      Last edited by Arilla; 07-01-11, 09:54. Reason: Added PS

Comment

Indexing Project (Batch) Number: M70238-7
        That would have appeared as M702387 in the old batch-numbering version.

Christine
        Researching: BENNETT (Leics/Birmingham-ish) - incl. Leonard BENNETT in Detroit & Florida ; WARR/WOR, STRATFORD & GARDNER/GARNAR (Oxon); CHRISTMAS, RUSSELL, PAFOOT/PAFFORD (Hants); BIGWOOD, HAYLER/HAILOR (Sussex); LANCASTER (Beds, Berks, Wilts) - plus - COCKS (Spitalfields, Liverpool, Plymouth); RUSE/ROWSE, TREMEER, WADLIN(G)/WADLETON (Devonport, E Cornwall); GOULD (S Devon); CHAPMAN, HALL/HOLE, HORN (N Devon); BARRON, SCANTLEBURY (Mevagissey)...

Comment

Thanks Christine, I thought the reference format looked a bit different but I recognise it now. As this was a Civil Registration I'm going to try & order the certificate from the Irish GRO in Roscommon which hopefully might be a bit quicker. If I can't get it that way I'll try the LDS centre.

Comment

Working...
          X