A brick wall broken down after 5 years of searching

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A brick wall broken down after 5 years of searching

After 5 years of looking for, and with lots of other people trying to help, my Great Great Grandmother on the 1851 census I THINK I'VE FOUND HER.

Living with my Great Great Grandfather who is listed as William instead of George AND surname spelled differently. Living in Southampton with one child born in Southampton and two born either side in Lambeth. The two born either side are not on 1861, I am now looking for deaths. On 1861 census they are living back in Lambeth

She was married before to a William!! but I don't think she ever married my GGGrandfather as I have his will and he left all his money to her under her first married name (but named her as spinster!!!)

Her maiden name was Mary Ann Evans but I have a death certificate for one of her children who went to Australia and that says mother's maiden name Freeman! but on birth cert. says Evans.

It's taken so much working out. The first two children were from her first husband and registered with his name but on 1861 are listed under my GGGrandfathers' surname. Whew.

I had better be right this time otherwise I will expire lol

Happy Hunting in 2011 everyone.

Linda

Well done in your hunting.

I gives is all hope that we will find all elusive relatives one day.
    Lin

Searching Lowe, Everitt, Hurt and Dunns in Nottingham

Comment

thats great Linda I know how you feel, I finally found my Nan in 1901 under the married name of Lester ? it was Miller ,and her Husband calling himself George and not Charles , When I told a surviving child of his she said matter of factly oh that was his stage name ? As far as I know he just sang in Pubs ?

Comment

There is hope for us all then!!
        Just shows its worth looking again and again!!

gemma

Comment

Well done, Linda

Jay
          Janet in Yorkshire

Genealogists never die - they just swap places in the family tree

Comment

oh brilliant Linda!! just goes to show that eventually persistance pays off.

well done! :D

its a great feeling isnt it ??
            Julie
            They're coming to take me away haha hee hee..........

.......I find dead people

Comment

Working...
            X