Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can anyone find the place of birth for William Gummow Pursglove

On 24th Dec 1904 a Francis William Pursglove was born
    He was baptised in St Pauls Clerkenwell on 22nd Jan 1905, his father is given as William Gummow Pursglove and mother was Mary (all from London Baptism records).
    I cannot find these in my line of Pursgloves (London and Southern England) and wondered if the father William Gummow Pursglove, actually originated from outside the London area, so could be ignored in my research?

Any chance someone could help? ;D

Researching:
    FRANKLIN (Harrow/Pinner 1700 to 1850); PURSGLOVE (ALL Southern counties of England); POOLE (Tetbury/Malmesbury and surrounding areas of Gloucestershire and Wiltshire (1650 to 1900); READ London/Suffolk

Personally, I think the surname is MUSGRAVE & there is a marriage for William Gummow MUSGRAVE & Mary Jane WILLIAMS in Pontypool Dist. in 1892.
    Glen

Comment

Thanks Glen
      I have also confirmed that there was a Francis William Musgrave born in hackney dec Qtr of 1904, so all this agrees it is a transcription error
      I have placed an ammendment on Ancestry

Researching:
      FRANKLIN (Harrow/Pinner 1700 to 1850); PURSGLOVE (ALL Southern counties of England); POOLE (Tetbury/Malmesbury and surrounding areas of Gloucestershire and Wiltshire (1650 to 1900); READ London/Suffolk

Comment

Working...
      X