Can this name be correct??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can this name be correct??

Great great grandfather was a James Harrison born about 1831 in Bishop Wearmouth, Sunderland. I have him marrying an Elizabeth Ann in the June quarter of 1853 (GRO JQ 1853 Sunderland 10a 483). Elizabeth Ann born about 1831 given as Sunderland has a second name which reads "DEFH"

Can this be correct? I am struggling to find any Defh family members anywhere, let alone the 1851 Census.

Would appreciate your comments.
    Linda - Happy Hunting

A tidy house is the sign of a broken computer

Researching: Brown, Bell, Key and Musgrave from Cumberland. Dodds, Green, Campbell, Hall, Armstrong, Davison from Co. Durham. Raymond from Devon/Cornwall.

Clutching at straws - but - looking at the hand writing on the index for the marriage - could it be Deph. Then when spoken Dove.
    Its just that I have found an Eliza A Dove at 3 Pemberton Street, Bishopwearmouth on the 1851 Census. Her father is Joseph Dove and when James and Elizabeth had their first son they called him Joseph.
    Linda - Happy Hunting

Researching: Brown, Bell, Key and Musgrave from Cumberland. Dodds, Green, Campbell, Hall, Armstrong, Davison from Co. Durham. Raymond from Devon/Cornwall.

Comment

According to Sunderland Council BMD her name is Elizabeth A DEFTY

Jackie

Comment

Wow - thanks for that Night Owl
        Linda - Happy Hunting

Comment

There are loads of baptisms on the Family Search pilot site with parents James Harrison and Elizabeth or Elizabeth Ann Defty
          Jackie

Comment

Thanks Night Owl, I have six children. Do you please have a link to this new pilot site.
            Linda - Happy Hunting

Comment

Just incase Jackie hasnt seen this:

http://pilot.familysearch.org/recordsearch/start.html#
              Julie
              They're coming to take me away haha hee hee..........

.......I find dead people

Comment

Thanks Julie

When you go on there, click on Advanced search and put surname Harrison and Harrison and Defty in the parents' surname boxes. I got 12 hits but some of them are repeated. I think there are 7 children on there in total
                Jackie

Comment

ooh if you just use the new familysearch which is combined you even get the actual date of marriage! its the second
                  in the list
                  Julie

Comment

and, and, and, it gives the bride and grooms ages, and their father's names. I like this new system.
                    Thanks for responding everyone.
                    Linda - Happy Hunting

Comment

Hopefully it has helped alot Linda :smilee:
                      Julie

Comment

Yes thank you.
                        Linda - Happy Hunting

Comment

Working...
                        X