Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1911 census

Hello, and a Happy New Year to you all!

After a break of a couple of years or so, I have dusted off my long-neglected family tree and am looking at updating it. I have a 6 month free trial of Ancestry which came with my new FTM 2011 (a Christmas pressie, hence the renewed interest), but I was wondering what the cheapest way to view the 1911 census is.

I tend to do research in fits and starts but I don't want to buy a load of credits and then end up wasting them. This is one of the reasons I lost interest before.

Any hints & tips gratefully received!

Liz

Happy New Year.

If you're prepared to wait a bit the 1911 is going to be on Ancestry soon. I had an email from them yesterday which gave a bit more detail -

"The 1911 Census will be available as part of all our memberships at no extra cost, so you can all enjoy scouring its pages. In January, we'll have big news about how we're going to release it."

In the meantime, they've added a lot more records recently which you may not have seen - if you're sub is the premium there are new parish records, particularly for London, plus probate calendars and criminal registers.
    Jackie

Comment

Thank you Jackie, I'll keep my eye out for updates

Comment

Working...
      X