• Show
Clear All

• Looking for .... on 1911 census ....

Elizabeth Allman
    b 2 March 1907

Parents: Daniel Allman b 1880
    Martha b 1882
    Married: 25 December 1900

Wondering if Elizabeth had any siblings ????

STOKE on TRENT / Hanley - Staffordshire area.

Image, if available would be a welcome pressie xxx
    Elaine

4 Broom St Hanley Stoke-On-Trent, Staffordshire

Name Relation Condition/ Yrs married Sex Age Birth Year Occupation Where Born

ALLMAN, Daniel Head Married M 29 1882 Timberer Underground Hanley Staff

ALLMAN, Martha Ann Wife Married F 28 1883 Warehouse Woman Hanley Staff

ALLMAN, Elizabeth Daughter F 4 1907 Hanley Staff

SWANN, Mary Ann Mother Widow F 55 1856 Warehouse Woman Worchester

SWANN, Elizabeth Sister Single F 21 1890 Warehouse Woman Hanley Staffs

CROSS, Edith Boarder Widow F 32 1879 Warehouse Woman Newcastle

You can have the image, too
    Joy

Comment

THANK YOU Millions Joy xxxxx No siblings then ...oh well. Her son is my Uncle, his Mum died when he was about 1 ...he never was told anything about her :( this is probably why !!
      Elaine

Comment

Martha Ann's maiden name was SWANN, so Mary Ann SWANN "mother" should be MiL. The parents' marriage seems to have been in Dec-Q 1900 (at Cobridge, Christ Church, according to Staffs BMD).

There appear to have been (potentially) a number of siblings after 1911 - which you may be able to find on FreeBMD, by putting in ALLMAN as surname and SWANN as MMN in the search.
        all reg'd Stoke on Trent
        Horace 1911q4
        George 1913q1
        Leonard 1915q3
        Martha A 1917q3
        Daniel 1919q3

Sadly there were also four children of the marriage, who'd died before 1911.

Christine
        Last edited by Christine in Herts; 31-12-10, 23:05.
        Researching: BENNETT (Leics/Birmingham-ish) - incl. Leonard BENNETT in Detroit & Florida ; WARR/WOR, STRATFORD & GARDNER/GARNAR (Oxon); CHRISTMAS, RUSSELL, PAFOOT/PAFFORD (Hants); BIGWOOD, HAYLER/HAILOR (Sussex); LANCASTER (Beds, Berks, Wilts) - plus - COCKS (Spitalfields, Liverpool, Plymouth); RUSE/ROWSE, TREMEER, WADLIN(G)/WADLETON (Devonport, E Cornwall); GOULD (S Devon); CHAPMAN, HALL/HOLE, HORN (N Devon); BARRON, SCANTLEBURY (Mevagissey)...

Comment

Cheers Christine, much appreciated xx
          Elaine

Comment

You're welcome, Elaine.

I edited that post at #4 and may have added more info since you noticed the previous post.

Christine
            Researching: BENNETT (Leics/Birmingham-ish) - incl. Leonard BENNETT in Detroit & Florida ; WARR/WOR, STRATFORD & GARDNER/GARNAR (Oxon); CHRISTMAS, RUSSELL, PAFOOT/PAFFORD (Hants); BIGWOOD, HAYLER/HAILOR (Sussex); LANCASTER (Beds, Berks, Wilts) - plus - COCKS (Spitalfields, Liverpool, Plymouth); RUSE/ROWSE, TREMEER, WADLIN(G)/WADLETON (Devonport, E Cornwall); GOULD (S Devon); CHAPMAN, HALL/HOLE, HORN (N Devon); BARRON, SCANTLEBURY (Mevagissey)...

Comment

Thanks Christine, There is no knowledge of the above children in the family, albeit thats NOT to say they not ours BUT .... there was another Joseph Warburton/ Lilly Allman marriage just prior to James & Elizabeth, so we can only assume the above children belong to the other marriage (for now anyway). We can't connect Jospeh to our Warburton fam nor Lilly to our Allmans at the moment ...so more digging is required

Its weird how there is a Daniel and Martha in there though .... its been bothering me for years !!! .... might have to trace the other Warburtons/Allmans back a bit I think ...

xxxxxxxxxxxxx
              Elaine

Comment

Originally posted by Tatty Bear View Post
                Thanks Christine, There is no knowledge of the above children in the family, albeit thats NOT to say they not ours BUT .... there was another Joseph Warburton/ Lilly Allman marriage just prior to James & Elizabeth, so we can only assume the above children belong to the other marriage (for now anyway). We can't connect Jospeh to our Warburton fam nor Lilly to our Allmans at the moment ...so more digging is required

Its weird how there is a Daniel and Martha in there though .... its been bothering me for years !!! .... might have to trace the other Warburtons/Allmans back a bit I think ...

xxxxxxxxxxxxx
                But the surname of those children was ALLMAN and the mother's maiden name was SWANN (parents' marriage 1900q4). The marriage you mention would have given surname WARBURTON and MMN= ALLMAN (and that marriage wasn't until 1929q2 - at Hope, Holy Trinity, per the StaffsBMD site)

Christine
                Last edited by Christine in Herts; 01-01-11, 14:35.

Comment

Now I'm getting confused ..................

Sorry Christine .... I am def confusing the 2 generations here ...... I'll get my head around it and sort it out tomorrow !!!
                  Thanks for the input ............. xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
                  Last edited by Tatty Bear; 01-01-11, 14:38.
                  Elaine

Comment

This looks like a marriage for Horace in 1935:
                    ALLMAN Horace to
                    SIMPSON Gertrude at
                    Cobridge, Christ Church.Stoke-On-Trent

but note that there is a death for an 18-yr-old Horace in Nantwich in 1928.

There's a death of a Martha A. ALLMAN, aged 0 in S-o-T in 1918q1.

And a marriage for Leonard in 1940

but we're getting into the realms of people possibly still being alive, so I'd better just refer you to what you can find (for free) on http://www.staffordshirebmd.org.uk

FreeBMD has a death for a Daniel ALLMAN, aged 56, in S-o-T, in 1937q1.

Christine
                    Last edited by Christine in Herts; 01-01-11, 14:49.

Comment

It looks as if Daniel ALLMAN, junr, d May 1984 - his DoB was 11 Jun 1919.

Christine

Comment

Working...
                      X