Free BMD postems

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Free BMD postems

If you spot an envelope symbol next to a Free BMD entry there will be some additional information which can be created by anybody.

I only found out about his yesterday on another forum so my New Year's resolution is to put something back by adding what I know from the certs I've got.

(for some of my examples search for Abbott births in Skipton district)

To create your own just click on the red "info" at the end of a reference and there's a postem link which gives 250 characters to add information.

It also allows you to add things about names which are correctly transcribed from the GRO index, but where the GRO index was at fault. Sadly not searchable for that sort of thing, of course.

Christine
    Researching: BENNETT (Leics/Birmingham-ish) - incl. Leonard BENNETT in Detroit & Florida ; WARR/WOR, STRATFORD & GARDNER/GARNAR (Oxon); CHRISTMAS, RUSSELL, PAFOOT/PAFFORD (Hants); BIGWOOD, HAYLER/HAILOR (Sussex); LANCASTER (Beds, Berks, Wilts) - plus - COCKS (Spitalfields, Liverpool, Plymouth); RUSE/ROWSE, TREMEER, WADLIN(G)/WADLETON (Devonport, E Cornwall); GOULD (S Devon); CHAPMAN, HALL/HOLE, HORN (N Devon); BARRON, SCANTLEBURY (Mevagissey)...

Comment

I've used this a number of times, as it is really helpful for others if you have a marriage where the female was previously married and so you can add information as to their true given surname there

By the way, Free BMD was updated last night (31st dec)

Happy new Year to you all

Researching:
      FRANKLIN (Harrow/Pinner 1700 to 1850); PURSGLOVE (ALL Southern counties of England); POOLE (Tetbury/Malmesbury and surrounding areas of Gloucestershire and Wiltshire (1650 to 1900); READ London/Suffolk

Comment

Working...
      X