Ruby Isabel Smith Help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ruby Isabel Smith Help

Hi recently spent a few hours talking to my dad about family stuff and discovered that my late grandfather had a sister that died aged 18 after being run over and thought I would try and locate her death certificate to prove the cause of death.

I am hopeless at using the death indexes and wondered if anyone can help me find the page,volume and place of death for me.

Her full name was Ruby Isabel Smith and she died on 1/12/1939 and was buried in Manor Park Cemetery in Forest Gate London. She was 18 years old so that would place her birth around 1921.

Can anyone help

Thanks

Steven

I think this is the one (its on http://www.freebmd.org.uk/)

Q/E Dec 1939 Smith Ruby I Age 18 West Ham Volume 4a Page 19
    Jackie

Comment

I've just looked and I think it's the same one as Jackie found
      Lin

Searching Lowe, Everitt, Hurt and Dunns in Nottingham

Comment

Thanks Jackie and thanks Lin much appreciated - thought I would order the death certificate as no one is alive that really knows what happened

Regards

Steven

Comment

You're welcome
          Jackie

Comment

Thats it ordered Jackie - my gran died today and its made me press ahead with a few threads of the family tree. My dad had a memorial card for Ruby and it said that she is buried in Manor Park Cemetery and gave the grave reference number so I have emailed them to see if there is a stone and if I can pay for a photo

Steven

Comment

I'm sorry to hear about your Gran, Steven. My condolences to you and your family.
              Jackie

Comment

Thanks Jackie

Steven

Comment

Steven,

I'm sorry about your Gran, My condolences to you and your family.

Re Ruby though, there might have been something in a local paper about the accident as well?

might be worthwhile emailing a few libraries to see if they have anything
                  Julie
                  They're coming to take me away haha hee hee..........

.......I find dead people

Comment

Thanks Julie will do - might try West Ham libraries

Steven

Comment

Working...
                    X