Geo Arthur Perry, Tendring 1911 census

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Geo Arthur Perry, Tendring 1911 census

I know you have helped me a lot in the past, but I have just come across another clue and wonderd if anyone can help further.

There is a long and winding road in the history of my great grandfather, and I am wondering if the man in the title may be a relative.

I have found my g.grandfather as Arthur Perry in the 1911 census, with his family and a friend (newsagent) in Wembley.... but today I have found, in the Ancestry 1911 summary books, a

Geo Arthur Perry living at the Post Office in Tendring Essex, there are 5 in the household.

I am wondering if he may be a relative, possibly a son from a marriage I haven't been able to find. My GGrandfathers (I believe) third marriage took place in Tendring district so there is a possible link.

Please can anyone help by taking this further. I have looked on find my Past, but cannot find the Tendring, Geo Arthur Perry listed in the 1911 census, but I am not a member of FMP, so don't know my way around it too well.

Thank you .... Mandy
    Bubblebelle x

FAMILY INTERESTS: Pitts of Sherborne Gloucs. Deaney (Bucks). Pye of Kent. Randolph of Lydd, Kent. Youell of Norfolk and Suffolk. Howe of Lampton. Carden of Bucks.

I've had a quick look at the 1911 census and found that George Arthur Perry was 51, born Checkney, Essex, occupation Grocer, Draper and Postmaster. He was married to Rose Alice, 41, born Northampton, and had children Marguerite Alice 20, Dorothy Mabel 19, and George Gordon 17, all born Tendring.
    :D Carolyn

Comment

I forgot to mention George & Rose had been married 22 years, had 3 children, all living. Also, I think George's birthplace should be Chickney not Checkney.
      :D Carolyn

Comment

Thanks Carolyn.

Bother that isn't going to work then as he is only 7 years younger than mine. Hope rises then is dashed away.... ah well back to the drawing board.

Once again thank you for taking the time to look..... Mandy
        Bubblebelle x

FAMILY INTERESTS: Pitts of Sherborne Gloucs. Deaney (Bucks). Pye of Kent. Randolph of Lydd, Kent. Youell of Norfolk and Suffolk. Howe of Lampton. Carden of Bucks.

Comment

Working...
        X