Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

No wonder I couldn't find Christopher Pollard's marriage record in Dublin, Ireland!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• No wonder I couldn't find Christopher Pollard's marriage record in Dublin, Ireland!

Christopher Ignatius Pollard is one of my Grandfather's numerous siblings. He emigrated to the USA and had two sons born in the USA and was married to Ethel.
    I found Ethel Pollard on the New York Passenger list, but picked up the wrong information...the name of her father, plus the fact that she was from Sligo, Ireland!

Ethel Pollard's arrival date: 9 Jun 1925 on New York Passenger list on SS Republic. Next of Kin, Father: Hugh Meehan.

I had previouly searched the Ireland Civil Registration List for a marriage of Christopher to Ethel in Dublin....and found nothing.

Luckily I go back over my information gathered, from time to time and found my mistake!

They married in Sligo!

Event Type: MARRIAGES
    Name: Christopher Pollard & Ethel Meehan
    Registration District: Sligo
    Registration Quarter and Year: Apr - Jun 1924
    Film Number: 101575
    Volume Number: 2
    Page Number: 126
    Digital Folder Number: 4199367
    Collection: Ireland, Civil Registration Indexes, 1845-1958

Guess who's ordering a marriage certificate from Ireland now?
    teresa

Sometimes its worth going over old notes - and discovering that what you thought you knew was incorrect!
    ~ with love from Little Nell~
    Chowns, Dunt, Emms, Mealing, Purvey & Smoothy

Comment

Originally posted by Little Nell View Post
      Sometimes its worth going over old notes - and discovering that what you thought you knew was incorrect!
      Yes, it's surprising what little snippets of information you miss in the first instance.

My OH thinks I'm daft when I browse through my BDM certificates..it's surprising what other names you come across and eventually link them up to other family members.
      teresa

Comment

Working...
      X