Chasing Thomas Conway McDonough who died in Fremantle, West Aust

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Chasing Thomas Conway McDonough who died in Fremantle, West Aust

My Thomas Conway McDonough died in Bicton, and memorialised in Fremantle Cemetery. It was only 2008 - grrrrrr - too late. I need to find his children. Can anyone help please? I'm guessing his wife's name was Yvonne J Forrest. He was 89 when he died.
    jood sadly died in November 2019.

There are some old messages here from his daughter:

Mcdonough: Hi from Perth, Western Australia. not sure if this... Read more on Genealogy.com!

Comment

Thanks Mary, still hoping to find more information (preferably from said daughter lol)

Comment

The WA BDMS are online and there are some mentions of the McDonough family in Trove Australian Newspapers online-

All Aussie BDm registries are careful of privacy and have restrictions on the indexes they will release. WA BDMs include the birth reg of Thomas Conway and his sisters, but not their marriages.

Trove - The National Library of Australia, in collaboration with Australian State and Territory libraries, runs the Australian Newspaper Digitization Program with the aim of making as many publications available online as possible.

- from the death and funeral notice for their mother, it would seem that Myrtle became Mrs TL Waters. THere are several mentions of the McDonough family as outlined by the daughter in her posting.

I am pretty sure that the Perth and Fremantle cemeteries indexes are online too.

Di
        Diane
        Sydney Australia
        Avatar: Reuben Edward Page and Lilly Mary Anne Dawson

Comment

Thanks again Di. That Trove site is certainly a mine of information.

Comment

Working...
          X