Birth Record Request - Jane Fox - Chesterfield, Derbyshire, England

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Birth Record Request - Jane Fox - Chesterfield, Derbyshire, England

Would greatly appreciate anyone who is able to look up the birth record for Jane Fox Chesterfield District Dec Quarter Vol. 7b Page 783. She was born October 14, 1903, need parents names and any other information listed. Thank you very much. Tracy from CT, USA

Hi there, Welcome to FTF.
    I don't think anyone can just look at a register you have to order a certificate from https://www.gro.gov.uk/gro/content/c...es/default.asp. They cost £9.25 each postage included to anywhere in the world.
    The information on a UK birth entry would be date & place of birth, child's name, father's name (if given) and occupation, mother's name and maiden name if married (also any other names if married before), name & address of person who registered the event (usually father or mother or sometimes both if not married.
    Margaret

Comment

What else do you know about Jane? I can see one age 6 in the 1911 census born in Chesterfield and living there.
      Margaret

Comment

She had numerous siblings. Parents wanted one of their children to go to America, drew names and she was picked. Came to US in 1921, age 18, her occupation was ropemaker. Her ticket was paid by her aunt Mrs. Walldon/Welldon living in Philadelphia, PA.

Comment

Ship info. said her mother was Mrs. Mary Jane Fox living at 99 Station Road, Chesterfield, England.

Comment

The mother is Mary Ann Fox and the father Thomas a coal miner.
            Here they are in 1901

Name Age
            Thomas Fox 45 head b1857 Ireland
            Mary Ann Fox 37 wife b 1861 Derby
            Mary Ann Fox 8 dau b1894 Chesterfield
            William Fox 7 son b1894 Chesterfield
            Eliza Fox 5 dau b1896 Chesterfield
            Thomas Fox 3 dau b1898 Chesterfield
            Winifred Fox 1 dau b1900 Chesterfield
            Catherine Fox 1 Month dau b1901 Chesterfield
            Ann Obrien 60 m-i-law widow b1841 Ireland

I have sent you a private message, look for it in notifications at the top of the page.
            Margaret

Comment

Here's the marriage to Mary Ann O'Brien

Thomas Fox
              Year of Registration: 1892 Quarter of Registration: Apr-May-Jun
              District: Chesterfield County: Derbyshire
              Volume: 7b Page: 1343

Comment

this is very odd.. but cool.. Tracy do you live anywhere near Manchester/New Britain?
                Julie
                They're coming to take me away haha hee hee..........

.......I find dead people

Comment

I live in Connecticut, USA. My brother in-law lives near Philadelphia, PA. Jane Fox was his grandmother. She came to US in 1921, married abt. 1923/24 to Charles Farley. They had 2 sons, William Joseph Farley and Charles Farley. Charles Farley Sr. died in 1955. Jane (who was called Jean by her family here) lived until March 6, 1988. She died in Glen Riddle Lima, Delaware County, PA.

What is weird? Do you know this family? Do you happen to have any pictures?

Comment

Hi tracy,

no I'm sorry I dont have any photos, I live about 15 miles from Chesterfield, and have family that settled in Connecticut in 1850's.

regarding your request your best bet would be to order her birth certificate this will arm you with her parents names/occuaptions and address, once you are armed with this then you can cross check with the info that has been posted here. It is always best to try and prove the information as you go along, if not you could presume and go totally off track and end up following the wrong family
                    Julie

Comment

Very true.

I believe I have made a connection through ancestry.com researcher... through Jane/Jean Fox's brother William. William's grandson's wife is a researcher.

But, I have ordered Jane Fox's birth certificate just to be 100% sure.

Thanks
                      Tracy

Comment

oooh lovely Tracy, when her cert does arrive, then we can look at her family in more detail. :D
                        Julie

Comment

Working...
                        X