Is this the same William?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is this the same William?

William Archibald Brice born 1892 in Ontario, Canada, parents Harry Brice and Elizabeth Langley marries in 1913 to Florence Lillian Sanger or Sawyer (?). http://search.ancestry.co.uk/iexec?h...c=&pid=1890638 Sadly Florence dies in 1914 due to Obstructed Intestine.

William then goes to war, as a Canadian soldier.

In 1921 William Brice, born in England in 1895, parents Harry Brice and Elizabeth Langley marries Frances Elizabeth Smith. http://search.ancestry.co.uk/iexec?h...c=&pid=2245655

Comparing the signatures, could they be the same person and why would William change his place of birth to England when he was living in Canada.

This is quite a confusing family as father Harry seemed to have abandoned his wife and family and gone back to England, where he had another family of at least 10 children. William was in a boys home in 1901 along with one of his brothers, the other siblings were with their mother.

Linda
    Linda

My avatar is my Grandmother Carolina Meulenhoff 1896 - 1955

I'd say it was the same person Linda, maybe whoever filled the form out made a mistake? is there another William Brice in the same place at the same time?
    Julie
    They're coming to take me away haha hee hee..........

.......I find dead people

Comment

Not that I can find Julie, I found what I think is him on the 1911 Canada census, born in 1890, from England saying that he arrived in Canada in 1905. I also found one of his brothers (Gordon) army records, using the date of birth of another dead brother. Annoyingly I can't find the birth record for Gordon anywhere. As Mum seems to have been left with 6 young children, 2 of whom were put in care, maybe they weren't sure of their own history.

Thanks for having a look, happy Christmas to all,

Linda
      Linda

My avatar is my Grandmother Carolina Meulenhoff 1896 - 1955

Comment

hmm had he been naturalised? and I presume that you have looked under 'Price' too?

and a Happy Christmas to you too :smilee:
        Julie
        They're coming to take me away haha hee hee..........

.......I find dead people

Comment

Working...
        X