LDS merge with Beta.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• LDS merge with Beta.

I was notified by GOONS that this had happened and had a great time yesterday looking at Brewerton marriages.
    Today I can't get the wretched site to show me anything except a couple of trees!!
    Anyone else been on it?
    If it's to be, it's up to me.
    Searching for:
    English: Brewerton, Wilkes, Edwards, Broughton, Piercy, Brundred, Homer, Parry, Wynn, Nock, Noden, Standley and Taylor.

Scottish: McDougall,Gemmell, Hunter, Stewart, Campbell, Downs, Galt, Frew, Hill, Hand, Main, Thomson, McLarty and Murdock.

Working for me on a very old cronky library pc with an old browser.
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/50125734@N06/

Joseph Goulson 1701-1780
    My sledging hammer lies declined, my bellows too have lost their wind
    My fire's extinct, my forge decay'd, and in the dust my vice is laid

Comment

I'll give it another go. Thanks Glen
      Searching for:
      English: Brewerton, Wilkes, Edwards, Broughton, Piercy, Brundred, Homer, Parry, Wynn, Nock, Noden, Standley and Taylor.

Scottish: McDougall,Gemmell, Hunter, Stewart, Campbell, Downs, Galt, Frew, Hill, Hand, Main, Thomson, McLarty and Murdock.

Comment

Make sure you are using the right site - they have had so many options around over the last few months, the FamilySearch Pilot, FamilySearch RecordSearch, the beta version etc.
        The new web address is:
        Discover your family history. Explore the world’s largest collection of free family trees, genealogy records and resources.
        Elaine

Comment

It drove me nuts when I went in via my bookmark, couldn't find anything until I spotted a small button that said, use old search.
          Vivienne passed away July 2013

Comment

There have been a lot of complaints over last couple of days about the new site and how the search options were better on the beta version.
            Hopefully there will be some improvements before they close down all the previous versions.
            Elaine

Comment

A bit like the Old Search versus New Search on Ancestry. If it ain't broke, don't fix it!
              ~ with love from Little Nell~
              Chowns, Dunt, Emms, Mealing, Purvey & Smoothy

Comment

I think they are trying to get all their records under one roof. They are pushing the Family Search Wiki and there have been an increasing number of Historical Records added to the old RecordSearch site recently. I suppose eventually one search will bring up a result regardless of whether it originates from the IGI, Pedigree resource files, Historical records etc.
                Elaine

Comment

Thanks for that link Elaine - have found a possible early London marriage...
                  Liz

Comment

Having now got on it I have broken several brick walls on my study. Early USA censuses have been very helpful.
                    The fact that you can search with the correct name is a boon.
                    Searching for:

Comment

Working...
                    X