Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can't find William Barratt

Hi all,

I'm looking for William Barratt b.abt 1820 in Oakham, Rutland, England I've found him on the 1861 & 71 census's but not before then & I would also really like to know who his parents were if possible please. Thank you in advance for any help offered

Ness

1851 census - transcribed on Ancestry as William Barras and Allice Barras

HO107; Piece: 2091; Folio: 168; Page: 26
    Elaine

Comment

I think you will need to get his marriage certificate to help you find his parents.

On the 1841 census there is a possible for a William Barrat born c1821, living in Rearsby Leic (which is where Alice was born) but he is living with a Ward family so no clue there as to whether he is your one. It does say born in Leicestershire but it could be wrong!

There is a marriage in 1848 which could be the one - but if you're not sure of the mother's maiden name then it might be best to get one of the children's birth certificates first.

Marriages Sep 1848
      Barratt William
      Caulton Harriett
      CHAMBERS William
      EVATT Thomas
      HARDY Frances
      HOLMES George
      LEAK Ann Leicester
      PHIPPS Alice
      Leicester 15 116
      Elaine

Comment

Wow thank you so much Elaine...I've been looking for him on the 1851 census for ages. I will order the certificates you mention. Thanks again

Ness

Comment

I was looking at that marriage too Elaine and there is this birth on Family Search that would fit -

Alice Phipps - Christened 3rd April 1824 Rearsby Leicestershire. Parents George Phipps and Anne
          Chrissie passed away in January 2020.

Comment

If you want to send for a birth cert first Vanessa, this one stand out -

Emily Barratt April-June 1954 - Melton M ref 7a 241

Comment

Originally posted by Chrissie Smiff View Post
              I was looking at that marriage too Elaine and there is this birth on Family Search that would fit -

Alice Phipps - Christened 3rd April 1824 Rearsby Leicestershire. Parents George Phipps and Anne
              Thank you Chrissie that looks very promising....I must be getting tired I can't find anything tonight
              Ness

Comment

I would go for a birth cert first though Vanessa (see Emily above).

Comment

Originally posted by Chrissie Smiff View Post
                  I would go for a birth cert first though Vanessa (see Emily above).
                  Will do Chrissie.....Thank you for you help
                  Ness

Comment

Working...
                  X