Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• family tree

hello everyone

i am trying to find my wifes familey tree. her grandfather .thomas alexander wilson wadley
    born 1882 newcastle married christine hannah wilkinson 1906 newcastle . any information
    on children born to them. this is my first post ,, thank you ,, billyg

Hi Billy and welcome to FTF

The ones I have found after 1912 with the mothers maiden name listed are -

John W W Wadley - July - Sept 1912 - Newcastle T 10b 222
    Norman W Wadley - Oct-Dec 1914 - Newcastle T 10b 180

I will have a look to see if I can see them in 1911.
    Chrissie passed away in January 2020.

Comment

Originally posted by billyg View Post
      hello everyone

i am trying to find my wifes familey tree. her grandfather .thomas alexander wilson wadley
      born 1882 newcastle married christine hannah wilkinson 1906 newcastle . any information
      on children born to them. this is my first post ,, thank you ,, billyg
      Hi Billyg, Welcome to the forum....

There are some tree's for Thomas Alexander Wilson Wadley i'll go & have a look & get back to you
      Last edited by jadzia; 15-12-10, 22:11.
      Ness

Comment

I have found them in 1911. On a free search and from the marriage I see that she was Christina, not Christine - born c 1886 (from 1911 census).
        Also with them in 1911 are Thomas A W Wadley aged 4 and George Robert Wadley aged 1.
        They are living in Newcastle on Tyne.

Comment

The birth references for the two in 1911 are -

Thomas Alexander W Wadley - April-June 1906 - Newcastle T - Ref 10b 174
          George Robert W Wadley - Oct-Dec 1909 - Newcastle T - Ref 10b 121

Comment

Looks like he was born in 1882 in Dryden Street, Newcastle he was baptised on 20 Sep 1882 at St.Ann's, Newcastle, Do you need his parents details or do you already have them?
            Ness

Comment

Welcome to FTF, billy.

If you're just starting out on this project, does that mean you haven't done any tree research before? or is it just this particular project where you've only just started? I ask because it could make a difference to what kinds of suggestions people make.

For example, if you're only just starting out on genealogy, then it might be worth you clicking on eth link in the bar near the top of this window: "Starting Out on Your Research" which goes to: http://www.familytreeforum.com/conte...etting-Started

This could save you running into too many of the traps that most of us get caught out by at one stage or another. It could also help you to short-cut some things by making useful suggestions which could save you time later.

Christine
              Researching: BENNETT (Leics/Birmingham-ish) - incl. Leonard BENNETT in Detroit & Florida ; WARR/WOR, STRATFORD & GARDNER/GARNAR (Oxon); CHRISTMAS, RUSSELL, PAFOOT/PAFFORD (Hants); BIGWOOD, HAYLER/HAILOR (Sussex); LANCASTER (Beds, Berks, Wilts) - plus - COCKS (Spitalfields, Liverpool, Plymouth); RUSE/ROWSE, TREMEER, WADLIN(G)/WADLETON (Devonport, E Cornwall); GOULD (S Devon); CHAPMAN, HALL/HOLE, HORN (N Devon); BARRON, SCANTLEBURY (Mevagissey)...

Comment

Thomas Alexander Wilson Wadley birth 1882 Oct-Dec Newcastle Upon Tyne vol 10b pge 86

Thomas & Christina marriage record 1906 Jan-Mar Newcastle Upon Tyne vol 10b pge 86

There is a birth record for Christie Hannah Wilkinson 1886 Jul-Aug-Sep Newcastle Upon Tyne vol 10b pge 140.....not sure if it's her though by the slight difference in name.

Possible death rec for:
                John William W Wadley (dob 5 Jul 1912) death: 1979 Claro North Yorkshire vol 2 pge 2398

Ness

Comment

jadzia thank you for your help . parents details . yes if you dont mind.. thank you .. billy

Comment

christine thank you for your help,,,, billy

Comment

thank you chrissie for your help .. billy

Comment

Hi Billy,

Father: Samuel Davenport Wild, b.1859 in Newcastle upon Tyne
                        Mother: Hannah Wardropper Wadley, b.2 NOV 1864 in Blagdon Street, Newcastle
                        Looks like they married: 21 Jul 1886 St.Ann's, Newcastle.

Children:
                        Thomas Alexander Wilson Wadley b.1882 Dryden Street, Newcastle
                        Isabella Georgina Davenport Wild b.1888
                        Ellen Lindsay Davenport Wild b. 1985

Hannah Wardropper Wadley b.1864 parents:
                        John Wadley b.1842 in Newcastle upon Tyne.
                        Hannah Wilson b. 9 JUN 1846 in Newcastle.

These are from trees already done…I haven’t had time to check if these are all correct but it should give you enough information to make it easier for you to check them out. There are others attached to the trees if these do turn out to be correct. Do you have access to Ancestry?

Ness

Comment

Hi Billy,

If the link below works it may be useful to you as it has Thomas etc on there

Create your family tree and invite relatives to share. Search 255 million profiles and discover new ancestors. Share photos, videos and more at Geni.com.

Ness

Comment

Hi Billy,

Just found this:

4 Feb 1906
                            Thomas Alexander Wilson WADLEY 23, Bachelor, Cartman of 6 Little Blagdon Street
                            Christina Hannah WILKINSON 20, Spinster of 4 Little Blagdon Street daughter of Thomas Wilkinson (Dec), Caulker

I’ve added the link to where I found it as there may be more people on there on your family tree:

http://www.bpears.org.uk/genuki/NBL/Newcastle/AllSaints/ann_mar.html

Ness

Comment

Working...
                            X