Please tell me....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Please tell me....

That this last child, is actually 2 months old not 27....

1851 census HO107, Piece 2228, Page 19

Margaret Teer

Cause if she is 27, her mother had her when she was 13, but her parents didnt marry till 1831.

BTW...Its a very bad image.
    Jackie

and can anyone read fathers occupation ( previous page )...John Teer?
    Last edited by Jacqueline; 15-12-10, 00:02. Reason: no reason
    Be nice to your kids...they have to choose your nursing home!

Well I see 27 and Steam Loom Weaver on ancestry and fmp. Maybe she is the daughter of the one labeled father.
    Donelda

searching for the Berkshire Hobbises, Rowles, Staniford, Rogers, Parkers, Thackhams, Gouts, LeBouviers, Heaphys and Wilsons

Comment

Hi nelde,
      But then wouldnt she be listed as sister to HEAD??

Comment

Also, does, Fathers birth place say Isle of Man??

Comment

Originally posted by Jacqueline View Post
          Also, does, Fathers birth place say Isle of Man??
          Hi Jacqueline, looks like these census records are from the Manchester water damaged ones.....

1851 Census

TEER, John Head Married M 43 1808 General Secretary
          Manchester
          TEER, Jane Wife Married F 44 1807
          Manchester
          TEER, John Father Widowed M 76 1775 Weaver
          Of Man
          Isle
          TEER, Alice Dau Unmarried F 17 1834
          Manchester
          TEER, Thomas Son
          M 15 1836 Ka?s Servant
          Manchester
          TEER, William Son
          M 13 1838 Dye Works
          Manchester
          TEER, John Son
          M 11 1840 Scholar
          Manchester
          TEER, Illegible Dau
          F 9 1842 Scholar
          Manchester
          TEER, Mary Ann Dau Unmarried F 4 1847 Scholar
          Manchester
          TEER, Elizabeth Dau Unmarried F 2 1849 At Home
          Manchester
          TEER, Margaret Dau Unmarried F 27 1824 Steam Loom Weaver
          Manchester
          CAWSON, Thomas Son* Unmarried M 17 1834 Lithographic Printer
          Manchester

22 Chorlton Street, Manchester.
          Last edited by Inahaystack; 15-12-10, 03:56. Reason: PC had a hissy fit

Comment

And who is Thomas Cawson the son of???? Maybe the census taker was running on automatic with the "dau"
            Donelda

searching for the Berkshire Hobbises, Rowles, Staniford, Rogers, Parkers, Thackhams, Gouts, LeBouviers, Heaphys and Wilsons

Comment

Who knows whose son he is :( and not so sure whose dau. Margaret is either.seems odd that seeing as she is the 'eldest' she is tagged on the end of her siblings.

Nina

Comment

Originally posted by Jacqueline View Post
                That this last child, is actually 2 months old not 27....

1851 census HO107, Piece 2228, Page 19

Margaret Teer

Cause if she is 27, her mother had her when she was 13, but her parents didnt marry till 1831.

BTW...Its a very bad image.
                Jackie

and can anyone read fathers occupation ( previous page )...John Teer?

If she (Margaret) is only 2months old in 1851, where is she in 1861 ? - she's not with her parents.

Do you have her mothers maiden name ?

Nina

Comment

I'm a bit confused Am I reading this wrong? If the mother is 44 and the daughter is 27, wouldn't she have been 17 when she had her - not 13?
                  Chrissie passed away in January 2020.

Comment

Could this be her death? I can't find a marriage for her.

March 1854 - Margaret Teer - Manchester 8d 99
                    Chrissie passed away in January 2020.

Comment

Mothers maiden name is swan.

Comment

My bad Chrissie....bad maths> LOL

Comment

Thats what I was thinking, Inahaystack.

Comment

just been mulling this over....Not likely a two month old would have an occupation....So she must be a sister or cousin?

Comment

Is it possible that John was a widower before he married Jane ?

Nina

Comment

OR....Illeg. dau of Jane Swan.....and took on the Teer name after John and Jane were married????...mmm?

Comment

Now thats a thought Nina?? He would have been abt 23 when he married Jane....1831..
                                  There's a huge gap in ages between william and Mary Ann....wondering if Mary Ann and Elizabeth are actually Margarets children....therfore Johns grandchildren?

Just looked on IGI again....John mistranscribed as Lees....no ages parents or status listed...
                                  Last edited by Jacqueline; 15-12-10, 23:53. Reason: double checking

Comment

I've been looking at the old man John(abt.1779) born I.O.M.don't suppose you know what town he was born ?...... most times the Teer name is spelt TEARE and there are loads of them. Something else to ponder.... the Manchester records were very badly water damaged, so who can guarantee that what we see transcribed is the truth . The 1851 image from FMP is what they call a Synthesised census image.... so who knows ?

Nina

Comment

Yes Nina, The name was changed to Teer from the iom Teares...and yes there are lots...
                                      MY FIL said they originally came from Peel IOM... so Ive been trying to link back there.
                                      hard part is there are too many John's and Williams...My Hubby is a John Teer as well...gets confusing! LOL!
                                      I dont have FMP, but what you came up with is much better than ancestries image.

Comment

Got more to work with now
                                        Jacqueline,
                                        The only children that I can credibly link to John and Jane are:- John abt.1842; Mary Ann abt.1846;Elizabeth abt.1849.... and this from Fam Search, (am always a bit dubious about member entries) But know I know of name change that opens up more avenues. Incidentally, it seems that Elizabeth went on to have 10 kids !

Comment

Working...
                                        X