• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Army record puzzle

I have my Grandfathers First World War's Army record
    Charles Miller born 1879 Royal Fusiliers 19061 ,
    and something is puzzling me
    On the front page item number 7
    Have you served in any branch of his Majestys service please state, looks like he says
    17th County of London ? Months

thanks

I would say it is either 3 or 8 months - but looking at the 3s slightly higher on the page, then I would go for 8.
    Elaine

Comment

thanks Elaine can you also tell me what is or was The 17th County of London?

Comment

Not sure Val, but later on in his records there seems to be a reference to spending a few months in the Rifle Brigade - and being invalided after a few months. I've closed the record down now but it was on a typewritten letter (if I remember rightly).
        Elaine

Comment

Here's a link Val.
          Elaine

Comment

Val there are some details about all the london county regiments on the long long trail website.

Liz
            my avatar is Emily Varndell Andrews,my paternal grandmother born 1891

Comment

thanks again Elaine he was a naughty boy he even had to pay 16.6 for his lost Uniform , and tried to make them pay for his Teeth lol
              thanks again and thanks Liz will do that

Comment

Originally posted by Val wish Id never started View Post
                thanks again Elaine he was a naughty boy he even had to pay 16.6 for his lost Uniform , and tried to make them pay for his Teeth lol
                Not as bad as the one I have just found who enlisted in the army using someone else's identity!
                Elaine

Comment

my Father was worse thats if he is my Father ?? he sold his Uniform and my Uncle joined up under an assumed name I even have two Scrolls for him as he got killed, both say different names ???

Comment

Working...
                  X