Another Photobucket question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Another Photobucket question

Is it possible to change the default size of pics from Photobucket? I am finding that the photos I am downloading of chuches are large & when I try to edit them in Photobucket, it either takes ages or just shuts down on me. Is there anyway to get them the right size straight away, to save editing them later please?
    Lynn

lynn,

have a look at this:

look to RHS and in the column 5 up from bottom is Microsoft image resizer.

I know some people use that, I can't get on with PB's new resizer, its too cumbersome for my liking.

don't know why they have to mess with it if it works ok in the first place.
    Julie
    They're coming to take me away haha hee hee..........

.......I find dead people

Comment

I use Irfanview for resizing and find it very easy to use.

IrfanView - Official Homepage - one of the most popular viewers worldwide
      Christine in Portugal

Comment

I've just lost where on Photobucket you could adjust the size to forum size. On Strange Photography thread in Hobbies, we are all using full size...

I know I clicked something once on it but can't find in relation to individual images. Thanks Liz
        Liz

Comment

On photobucket uner or above where it says browse,,,it says options click on that and it gives you a list just change that to website size and press save it will then make them all that size that you upload ;;easy
          borobabs passed away March 2018

Comment

I hadn't thought about using a different resizing website. :o I will probably do that.
            Babs, I clicked on "account options" but couldn't find where to change the picture size
            BTW, I am not on broadband & photobucket takes ages to download anyway
            Last edited by Lynn The Forest Fan; 01-04-08, 14:34.
            Lynn

Comment

Its not in account options its just in the part were you upload your normal photos above the browse button ;;

Comment

Thanks Babs...we are all going Photobucket mad with the Churches photo project! Liz
                Liz

Comment

Thanks Babs, I have now discovered what you meant & have managed to put up one photo, but photobucket is still being really slow for me.:(
                  Lynn

Comment

Hi Lynn,

Were you uploading to photobucket, resizing and then downloading them.

If you resize in Irfanview, then upload they should be quicker when smaller.
                    Christine in Portugal

Comment

If you use photo bucket it stores picture on there and doesnt use the sites energy ,,but when you post straight onto site it adds to the load, sorry not explaining that very good ;;
                      Lyne glad you got sorted babe ;;;Liz very true ;;

Comment

Irfanview is so quick & easy - even for a non tech type like me. Usuaually I resize down in pixels but increasing pixel size is just as easy. I use Picasa for storing photos on my computer but always resize with irfanview. It's also a quick & easy download.

Comment

The one picture that I had success with, was one that I had resized first & it uploaded really quickly. I have been using a site called Online Image resizer, which I had used previously, but it isn't very fast. I am getting there now though.
                          Lynn

Comment

If the online image resizer is slow you would be better with one on your computer as you are not relying on your internet speed to upload it for resizing.
                            Christine in Portugal

Comment

I think that is what I need, as my internet time is limited, I would appreciate being able to resize off line. Is there a recommended one?
                              Lynn

Comment

I just googled Lyn ,and there are lots but I would not know which one to recommend sorry and good luck

Comment

I use Irfanview which is free, link is given in an earlier post and someone else has also said they use that. It's really quick, you just have to give the resized picture a different name, I usually just add 1 after the original name.
                                  It's really good for cropping too.
                                  Christine in Portugal

Comment

Thanks for looking Val
                                    Thanks Christine, I wasn't sure if that was an on or offline one. I will give it a go.
                                    Lynn

Comment

Hope you have some success with it.
                                      Christine in Portugal

Comment

Thanks Christine. You will be glad to know that I have now successfully resized a pic on Irfanview & downloaded it to photobucket. I was going to download Irfanview yesterday, when I realised that I already had it on my computer from transcribing.:o I had thought the name was familiar.
                                        Lynn

Comment

Working...
                                        X