How do I import my emails and stuff from one PC to another

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How do I import my emails and stuff from one PC to another

I wanted to import my outlook express and yahoo account emails also my FTM to this new laptop can I ??? and how thanks

Val, if you have a memory stick then you should be able to copy the Outlook Express files and the FTM files onto it and then copy them off it onto the laptop. I'm afraid I don't know anything about Yahoo emails, but if they are in a file on your old computer then I would have thought you could do the same thing? (Or if they are kept on Yahoo's server then you won't need to copy them.)
    KiteRunner

Every five years or so I look back on my life and I have a good... laugh"
    (Indigo Girls, "Watershed")

Comment

Val your yahoo e mails will be there once you have got your connection set up - is the laptop up and running wireless now.
      Kathleen

Comment

oh thanks Kite silly me never thought of that
        I do hope I have those programmes installed on here
        I am getting there slowly

Comment

Hi Kathleen thanks for helping
          yes I did it last night thanks
          But cant see where to find my outlook express emails do I not have to set anything up
          Last edited by Guest; 21-12-07, 13:03.

Comment

Val - is the new laptop Vista. In which case I believe Outlook Express has been replaced with Windows Mail.

Re Family Tree Maker. If you are using Vista then you will have to download an update to make the program work. See the following link:
            Answer
            Elaine

Comment

oh thanks Elaine I wondered why it asked me to sign into windows mail not sure what to put for server and stuff

Comment

Val - does this link help at all.
                Explore the versatility of Microsoft’s Windows 11 operating system. Find out how our latest Windows OS gives you more ways to work, play and create.

If you go into your old computer, open Outlook Express, go to Tools, select Accounts and then click on properties - you should find all the server info that you need.
                Elaine

Comment

thanks again Elaine I have so much on my mind not thinking straight at all

Comment

done it now thanks again now for my tree LOL

Comment

Working...
                    X